Go Down

Topic: LiquidCrystal complication with USB host (Read 44 times) previous topic - next topic

Poetastrophe

Apr 15, 2015, 01:04 pm Last Edit: Apr 15, 2015, 01:23 pm by Poetastrophe
Hello Arduino masterer's

My group and I are fairly new to the Arduino, so we are constantly meeting obstacles. We have connected a Arduino Shield USB host to our Arduino Uno (by just attaching the pins on the arduino Shield usb to the Arduino holes). Then we connect the wires as shown by this guide: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/LiquidCrystal
to the Arduino shield connectors. When we do this, the display cant show what we have coded properly. Not even the simple "hello world" code. We are doing something wrong, but we aren't sure what it is.
Hope you guys can help.
Thanks in advance  :)

floresta

Apr 15, 2015, 05:29 pm Last Edit: Apr 15, 2015, 05:30 pm by floresta
That shield uses the SPI bus to communicate with the MAX3421E on the shield.  Uno pins 10, 11, 12, and 13 are used for this communication so you can't use them for your LCD when you are using this shield.

Simply choose some other unused I/O pins for your LCD and change the constructor to match the pins that you chose.

Code: [Select]
//LiquidCrystal lcd(RS, E, D4, D5, D6, D7);

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2);      // put your newly chosen pin numbers here

Don

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy