Go Down

Topic: Is this I2C OLED broken? (Read 92 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi there,

I recently bought a small i2c OLED display and after a little tinkering I managed to
get it displaying. For some reason though what ever I try to display on it, it doesn't change
only a few pixels on the left hand side seem to move. It seems to me this display is full of
dead pixels and I should return it, but I though I best double check first.

I've attached my wiring diagram(note this is not the model of pled I have) and a picture of
the screen below, I couldn't seem to find a data sheet anywhere. I'm using the GOFi2cOLED
library to interact with it.

Thanks to anyone who can confirm my fears.

olikraus

Jan 10, 2015, 09:03 am Last Edit: Jan 10, 2015, 09:07 am by olikraus
You should look for a confirmation by another library (maybe u8glib, which should work out of the box with your setup).
Note that this OLED might contain two different (incompatible) controllers: SSD1306 or SH1106. More difficult: These OLEDS are often sold as SSD1306, although they contain the SH1106 controller.

Edit: I had a look at the GOFi2cOLED library. It got derived from the Adafruit lib for the SSD1306. So maybe you should try u8glib with the SH1106 constructor. I assume this is a SH1106 display.

Oliver

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy