Go Down

Topic: Paranoia  (Read 785 times) previous topic - next topic

Paul_KD7HB

I may be a bit paranoid, but I am concerned by the rash of pleas for help with projects that want to control RC airplanes or drones at an extend distance. Way beyond visual range. And some are obviously from people in the Middle East.

Am I alone in this concern?

Paul

Robin2

And some are obviously from people in the Middle East.
I don't know why one area of the world might matter more than another.

The drones that we should worry about are being flown by military institutions that don't need our advice.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Patrick_M

The drones that we should worry about are being flown by military institutions that don't need our advice.

...R
maybe.... :(
per inserire (lo sketch) il programma, dall'IDE clicca modifica, clicca copia per il forum poi vieni qui e incolla nel tuo post (ctrl+v) ;)

Paul_KD7HB

maybe.... :(
We have several drone test ranges in Eastern Oregon state. One not very many miles from where I am. I know the safety protocols are quite rigid and are rigorously enforced. The Arduino drone testing has none of this and who know where there is a remote area the OP is testing.

Paul

Delta_G

I dont know.  But I bet if we did a regional study of home-made explosive devices one region would stand out as a significant outlier.
|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

Robin2

I dont know.  But I bet if we did a regional study of home-made explosive devices one region would stand out as a significant outlier.
I wonder why? Perhaps someone is upsetting them?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Qdeathstar

maybe just a little racist..l.
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

westfw

Sep 19, 2018, 07:55 am Last Edit: Sep 19, 2018, 07:57 am by westfw
home-made explosive devices one region would stand out as a significant outlier.
Malta?  They've got quite the cottage fireworks thing going, I hear...
Then there's the Thais, who've been known to go a bit wild with their rocket-like things.

And there are the countries that spend many billions of dollars per year manufacturing professional explosive devices, and selling them to pretty much anyone...  :-(

Nevertheless, I won't be responding to any requests for help making "countdown timers for an airsoft fake device"...

AWOL

I've . . . trimmed a few posts. The thread was taking a very unpleasant turn.

I don't like censoring the bar, but this went a little too far.

Please, play nicely.
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Robin2

I've . . . trimmed a few posts. The thread was taking a very unpleasant turn.
Thank you.

I was going to complain.

...R

Go Up