Go Down

Topic: EMG Sensor to control servo not working (Read 201 times) previous topic - next topic

Alexandermn19

Hey guys, i got a Grove EMG Sensor attached to the Grove shield on pin A0, however the value in the serial plotter is not changing when I flex my muscles and therefor can't move the servo motor...

Anyone knows why? Here is my code:

Code: [Select]
#include <Servo.h>

//Threshold for servo motor control with muscle sensor.
//You can set a threshold according to the maximum and minimum values of the muscle sensor.
#define THRESHOLD 250

//Pin number where the sensor is connected. (Analog 0)
#define EMG_PIN 0

//Pin number where the servo motor is connected. (Digital PWM 3)
#define SERVO_PIN 3

//Define Servo motor
Servo SERVO_1;

/*-------------------------------- void setup ------------------------------------------------*/

void setup(){

//BAUDRATE set to 115200, remember it to set monitor serial properly.
  //Used this Baud Rate and "NL&CR" option to visualize the values correctly.
  Serial.begin(115200);

//Set servo motor to digital pin 3
  SERVO_1.attach(SERVO_PIN);

}

/*--------------------------------  void loop  ------------------------------------------------*/

void loop(){

//The "Value" variable reads the value from the analog pin to which the sensor is connected.
  int value = analogRead(EMG_PIN);

//If the sensor value is GREATER than the THRESHOLD, the servo motor will turn to 170 degrees.
  if(value > THRESHOLD){
    SERVO_1.write(170);
  }

//If the sensor is LESS than the THRESHOLD, the servo motor will turn to 10 degrees.
  else{
    SERVO_1.write(10);
  }

//You can use serial monitor to set THRESHOLD properly, comparing the values shown when you open and close your hand.
  Serial.println(value);
}

Thanks in advance

nielyay

Is the wiring correct?
Sorry, i never used EMG sensor before, but i found this page.

if(value > THRESHOLD)
  {
    SERVO_1.write(170);
  }

//If the sensor is LESS than the THRESHOLD, the servo motor will turn to 10 degrees.
  else
  {
    SERVO_1.write(10);
  }

//You can use serial monitor to set THRESHOLD properly, comparing the values shown when you open and close your hand.
  Serial.println(value);
}

if(value > THRESHOLD)

*Remake this TRESHOLD into new value setup.

Go Up