Go Down

Topic: accuracy linear positioning? how?  (Read 77 times) previous topic - next topic

MichaAVR

Hey folks, i'm seeking best way to measure/indicate that i'm in line with target, where sensors measure distance need to be around 1.5 Meters, accuracy need to be less that 1 cm, distance info i don't need.
I'll try to write example:
take    bookshelf image you have linear robot, what moves font and back, up and down, so X, Y coordinates in use only, and i need info to gripper if its in right place and can stick to book, or unload it in there, but im not making robot, that all ready exist, but manual drive so operator need to look is he/she in place to load/unload, what i need is automatic info that we are in line to target.
Best solution would be that can read position too,nfc tags was on my mind to read each target places, but thats harder to make so im sure im load/unload position too, because first distance to line up is around 1.5 meters of way from possible nfc tag place.
at start would be enough to know X/Y place that gripper can move. i can but reflections etc on that "bookshelf" or something else, prefer that those will be passive marks, only active parts can be on that gripper

sorry for bad english, trying my best, hope you guys still understand my example

MarkT

CV is the obvious approach, vision is how we do it after all.

Since you need some mechanism to move the robot, maybe that can have position control in the
first place.
[ I will NOT respond to personal messages, I WILL delete them, use the forum please ]

MichaAVR

CV is the obvious approach, vision is how we do it after all.

Since you need some mechanism to move the robot, maybe that can have position control in the
first place.
that so called"robot" is all ready made and working, but manual operators need to look that its on right place, and i cant add sensors etc that, i need implement stand alone system that tells operator that he/she is lined up with target.
I'm trying to seek some opticks (ir etc) and if reflection tape on target could give place?
logistic systems uses automated "cars" moving packages, and those position them self exact place with unload station, whit some kind two radars that reads reflection tapes on both side of that unload station, my problem is i don't know what kind radars those are and what to seek.. tryed several things on google, but because language barrier my result sucks.. i mostly get hits on ultrasonic or ir line fallower, which is small distance only

Go Up