Go Down

Topic: Help Identifying LCD (Read 280 times) previous topic - next topic

AndyBoy14

Sep 14, 2018, 08:48 pm Last Edit: Sep 14, 2018, 08:49 pm by AndyBoy14
Someone knows what driver can I use to handle the LCD (see image) with arduino? The main IC has not marks.

Thanks!

Paul__B

AllanGH

A search on the board identification information, "XTAR VC4-L REV A-1" reveals it to be a 4 slot Lithium Ion / NiMh charge controller.   In the grand tradition of such devices, the LCD display is directly addressed, and cannot be re-tasked in a manner wherein the display remains attached to the controller board.

As such, the display is custom-designed for the product (custom character fields, sprites, and icons), and is not really something that can be used in a general purpose fashion.  It is not a dot matrix LCD display.

If the charger is non-functional, you're better-off just throwing it away, after scavenging general purpose discrete components from the board (resistors, jumpers, capacitors, transistors), as well as the shift register--along with anything useful from the front surface of the PC board.
Computers do not do what you want them to do.
Computers do what you tell them to do.

Paul__B

Arguably not even worth the effort of removing components.

AllanGH

LOL....I don't know about that....pop it in a toaster oven, let it heat up, grab it with a pair of pliers and whack it on the edge of an empty waste paper basket....you're done.

OK....I'm a hoarder.  ;)
Computers do not do what you want them to do.
Computers do what you tell them to do.

Paul__B

And so am I (according to most people around me) but there seriously are limits!  :smiley-eek:

Go Up