Go Down

Topic: Controlling an Arduino controlling a CNC (Read 671 times) previous topic - next topic

Railroader

You are surely rigth.
Following Your advice, File, Example, Grbl gives me the file I showed at #4. It only contains
Code: [Select]

#include grbl.h

That was turned down by a previous Forum guy.

I have not even seen a grblUpload.ino file at all. Config.h? I don't recall ever seen or working in it.

Railroader

You are sure right. This is not my home street.
Following Your advice, File, Examples, Grbl I get a file that only contains: #include grblupload. Nothing else. Look att my post #4.

I have not modofied, not even seen any .ino file. Config.h? I don't recall seing it either.

groundFungus

That was turned down by a previous Forum guy.
This is a rare case where the rule is broken.  Once you have grblUpload in the IDE, just click on upload to install grbl.

If you go to the libraries folder in the sketchbook (where your sketches are saved (usually ..documrnts\arduino\libraries) there shoud be a grbl folder.  The config.h file is in that folder.  There is also an Examples folder.  That is where grblUpload.ino shoud be.

Railroader

Thanks a lot gF!
My sketches are saved in Dokuments\Arduino folder.

In Documents\Arduino\libraries\grbl I see a config.h and a numeber of .h and .c files.
In Dokuments\Arduinolibraries\grbl\examples i find the grblupload that opens Arduino IDE and loads the grbl.h.
Compiles and downloads without erors. 3 backwards questionmarks appear in Serial Monitor.

Have I understood and done the rigth, prepared the UNO for receiving G-code now?

groundFungus

Sep 25, 2018, 01:45 am Last Edit: Sep 25, 2018, 01:45 am by groundFungus
Make sure that the serial monitor baud rate is set to 115200.  When grbl starts you should see a message in serial monitor with the grbl version number.  If grblUpload uploaded without errors or warnings, aside from the low memory warning, it should be ready to go.

Railroader

Thanks again, thanks a lot gF.
I have been searching for setting the baudrate of the USB 115200. I found it somewhere some time ago but now I don't.

Can I ask another question? Will it be possible to send single G-code commands using serial monitor?
Some day coming soon I'll need to find a G-code sender but in order to test, will S M work?
I have steppers and stepper drivers, both via shields and via direct connection to the drivers to the UNO.

groundFungus

Sep 25, 2018, 03:20 am Last Edit: Sep 25, 2018, 03:20 am by groundFungus
To set the serial monitor baud rate:

Will it be possible to send single G-code commands using serial monitor?
Yes.

Some day coming soon I'll need to find a G-code sender but in order to test, will S M work?
Yes.

Railroader

Thanks, thanks and thanks again gF!

I read from Your answer: To set the serial monitor baud rate: Below that I see a square with a cross in it. My Pc/Windows is also lost…..

Haha, down in the Serial Monitor window. I knew I had seen it..... That was too close for me.….

Thanks for today. High time to get pillowed. 3.40 AM here..

Go Up