Go Down

Topic: Problem with starting engin (Read 367 times) previous topic - next topic

almogsh

hey, i try to starting a 5V RC engine.
the digital pin get only 'HIGH'.
when i connect directly to the GND and 5V its work but its shortens the circuit.
what is the problem ?

Robin2

Image from Original Post so we don't have to download it. See this  Simple Image Guide

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

hammy

Sep 18, 2018, 07:31 pm Last Edit: Sep 18, 2018, 07:32 pm by hammy
You can't power your " engine" using the Arduino to supply the power . you need a seperate power source for it .

almogsh

dougp

L298n tutorial  There are other newer types available.  Many YT videos.
So two neutrinos went into a bar.  Nothing happened.  They were just passing through.

outsider

What type transistor? Which of the three leads is Emitter? Base? Collector? How much current does the motor require? What voltage? How do you power the motor? Where is your free wheeling diode? Just asking.  :)

slipstick

What is "RC motor"? DC? Brushed? Brushless? A link to the one you're using would help.

Steve

Robin2

Don't start two Threads about the same project. I have suggested to the Moderator to merge them.

In both Threads you have been very reluctant to give useful information.

If you describe the project you are trying to create people will find it much easier to give useful advice.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

almogsh

What is "RC motor"? DC? Brushed? Brushless? A link to the one you're using would help.

Steve
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/DC-1-2v-4v-2-4v-Mini-DC-Motor-short-shaft-axial-2mm-shaft-for-electric-shaver-/252351509727
this motor

almogsh

What type transistor? Which of the three leads is Emitter? Base? Collector? How much current does the motor require? What voltage? How do you power the motor? Where is your free wheeling diode? Just asking.  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2WJvblxAGQ
I did just as described ther.

slipstick

So that's not the same motor and the video never says what sort of transistor he's using. So how do you know that you're using the same thing? Motors and transistors aren't interchangeable...you can't just use any old one in place of any other.

So what type of transistor are you using? Are you certain that the pins are in the same place as the one in the video? Instead of a useless Fritzing diagram can you please post a clear photograph of YOUR actual circuit with details of the components.

Steve

hammy

Just because it's on you tube ...

- it's not good practice to supply any  significant load from the Arduino regulator .
- motors generate a lot of electrical noise , another reason not power via the Arduino .

Go Up