Go Down

Topic: Idea for control system with arduino (Read 458 times) previous topic - next topic

Bond-007

Hello,

I need a simple control disposition.
This is a simple elecrical cable (approx. 100m). When you cut the cable then produce the system a signal (SMS) to a person.

Have anyone an idea to realice this with Arduino? :)

Thanks for your aswer.
BR

septillion

Current loop through the cable. Monitor is the current is still there. Send SMS via GSM module.

If you want more help, we do expect more details from you. Including what you tried / investigated.
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

Robin2

This is a simple elecrical cable (approx. 100m).
No electrical cable is that simple. What is it used for? How many conductors are in it? What voltage is it carrying? Is it always energized? etc etc etc

You need to provide full details.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Bond-007

Thanks for your aswer.
This cable goes trought many pipes for secury.
I think 12V DC with one conductor will be possible.

My idea is to use a Arduino GSM-Module.
The current is still there with 230V.

BR

septillion

Ahh, that cable is used for other stuff as well. At least it's a start of:
we do expect more details from you. Including what you tried / investigated.
Use fricking code tags!!!!
I want x => I would like x, I need help => I would like help, Need fast => Go and pay someone to do the job...

NEW Library to make fading leds a piece of cake
https://github.com/septillion-git/FadeLed

Robin2

This cable goes trought many pipes for secury.
I think 12V DC with one conductor will be possible.

My idea is to use a Arduino GSM-Module.
The current is still there with 230V.
If that is all you know about the system you will never be able to get your idea to work.

And if there is 230v in the cable there is a good chance you will kill yourself or someone else, or set the building on fire.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Wawa

Sep 20, 2018, 02:16 am Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018, 02:17 am by Wawa
If there is always a load at the end of the cable, then use a clip-on current sensor to detect the current draw of that load.

Never mix mains AC and low voltage in the same cable.
But if you have a spare core, then you can connect that to a phase at the far end of the cable, and use an AC rated opto coupler to detect voltage on that wire at the Arduino side.
Leo..

Bond-007

I'll send you a sketch as attachement.

Robin2

Please display your image(s) in your post so we can see it(them) without downloading it(them). See this  Simple Image Guide

...R

Bond-007

Sep 20, 2018, 02:29 pm Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018, 03:04 pm by Bond-007
I'll send you a sketch as Attachement again.

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=569279.0;attach=274796

Robin2

Please make your image visible. And, for those of us with slow internet connections please don't use a large image. 640x480 is usually sufficient.

...R

Paul_KD7HB

Your drawing, if accurate, shows there is a much simpler way. Program your Arduino to have one pin input,pullup. Connect that pin to one end of the wire. Connect the other end to the Arduino ground. The pin will be pulled to ground, until the wire is cut, then it will be high.

Just program for that and if the high occurs, take whatever action you wish to take.

Paul

Ripcrow

The ebs braking systems uses a system that can detect if a wire breaks in the system and exactly where it is broken. Great for finding faults but the wiring can't be repaired by joining as the system knows the exact length of the wiring. I think it uses resistance to measure the length of the wire.

Bond-007

Thanks for your inputs.
I havn't very experience with Arduino.
What Arduino parts i need (Aduino Uno, Arduino GMS-Modul,..)?
Do you have an example for a code?
Thanks for your support

Go Up