Go Down

Topic: I've had it with this BS (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

Nick Gammon

If people are spraying water around electronic components I would be complaining. If that isn't feasible, then try to work at home. How much of "showing up on the day" do you actually have to do to pass? Sounds like not much, if not many people are doing it.

As for later, you will do fine if you know your stuff. Doesn't matter what paper you have (like college degrees) or who you know. Ultimately employers want to hire people who know their stuff. Set yourself personal goals and try to reach those. Ask for help from people (like here) who aren't crazy.

As for your teachers, I have a bit of sympathy for them. Dealing with these idiots isn't fun. And technology keeps changing. Heck, when I started doing electronics it was all valves and working with hundreds of volts, and you got a nasty shock if you weren't paying attention.

As for flying, that's fun too. Bearing in mind that at least your fellow pilots are likely to be reasonably competent and healthy, as they have to have a medical every couple of years, and a flight check. Unlike some of the idiots on the road who are probably legally blind and deaf but still keep driving, because they never, ever, have to be re-tested for physical capacity to drive. Or knowledge of road laws. Or competence.

mowcius

..people (like here) who aren't crazy.

Oh I don't know about that :D

Unlike some of the idiots on the road who are probably legally blind and deaf but still keep driving, because they never, ever, have to be re-tested for physical capacity to drive. Or knowledge of road laws. Or competence.

Agreed - there are far too many elderly people (or sometimes not so elderly) who shouldn't still be driving. Their argument would be 'oh I need the car to travel and get places' - yeah but at what possible cost to other people's lives.

Go Up