Go Down

Topic: exit status 1 (Read 469 times) previous topic - next topic

Ralphpdq

I am "trying" to load Arduino working example code on Adafruit Huzzah (8266 12e).

Every program I try gets the same error.

exit status 1

the attached error code file is not from the HUzzah but it has the same error!

Thanks for the help!!

Ralph

pert

"exit status 1" is a very generic error that basically just means something went wrong. You need to look at the specific error that resulted in that exit status:

Code: [Select]
C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA-WPS.cpp: In member function 'bool ESP8266WiFiSTAClass::beginWPSConfig()':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA-WPS.cpp:41:34: error: 'disable_extra4k_at_link_time' was not declared in this scope

disable_extra4k_at_link_time();

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA-WPS.cpp:73:15: error: 'esp_yield' was not declared in this scope

esp_yield();

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA-WPS.cpp: In function 'void wifi_wps_status_cb(wps_cb_status)':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA-WPS.cpp:110:18: error: 'esp_schedule' was not declared in this scope

esp_schedule(); // resume the beginWPSConfig function

^

In this case, the real clue is in the path:
C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi

There is likely no good reason for the ESP8266WiFi library to be installed at that location. The ESP8266WiFi library is specifically written for the ESP8266 core and it is bundled with that core, as you can see from another part of the output:
Multiple libraries were found for "ESP8266WiFi.h"
 Used: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi
 Not used: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\ESP8266WiFi

The "Not used" library at:
C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\ESP8266WiFi
is the one you want.

My suspicion is that the C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266WiFi is an outdated version of the library you installed for unknown reasons in the past and that has now come to bite you. The solution is to remove the bad version of the library from C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries. If you have no need for it then delete it. Otherwise, move it somewhere else.

Ralphpdq

Wow, thanks

I made your suggested change and ran it again and got a similar error message so I went

through all of the Not Used/Used folders and removed the Used ones and ran it again.

Again there was some Used/Not Used folders so again I removed all of the Used ones.

Now I am down to this error message

I can not see what is tripping it.

Ralph

pert

You'll be much more likely to get help here if you post things directly to the forum. In this case that's difficult because the forum has a stupid 9000 character limit but the output is over 10X that length. However, the reason it's so long is because you have File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: compilation checked. What you might do in the future is to post the non-verbose output. That will usually be all we need and when we need more we will ask you for the verbose output. Unfortunately the Arduino IDE now only displays that useful information on which libraries were used when in verbose mode so you might want to leave verbose output on for your general use.

The important part of the output:
In file included from C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/ESPAsyncWebServer.h:454:0,

from C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncEventSource.h:29,

from C:\Users\Ralph\Emons Current Sense Emons\EmonESP-master\src\src.ino:1:

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncWebSocket.h:82:10: warning: unused parameter 'i' [-Wunused-parameter]

void operator ++(int i) { _count++; }

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncWebSocket.h:83:10: warning: unused parameter 'i' [-Wunused-parameter]

void operator --(int i) {  if (_count > 0) { _count--; } ;  }

^

In file included from C:\Users\Ralph\Emons Current Sense Emons\EmonESP-master\src\src.ino:2:0:

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:70:5: error: 'DynamicJsonBuffer' does not name a type

DynamicJsonBuffer _jsonBuffer;

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:71:5: error: 'JsonVariant' does not name a type

JsonVariant _root;

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:83:5: error: 'JsonVariant' does not name a type

JsonVariant & getRoot() { return _root; }

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: In constructor 'AsyncJsonResponse::AsyncJsonResponse(bool)':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:78:9: error: '_root' was not declared in this scope

_root = _jsonBuffer.createArray();

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:78:17: error: '_jsonBuffer' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:80:9: error: '_root' was not declared in this scope

_root = _jsonBuffer.createObject();

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:80:17: error: '_jsonBuffer' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: In member function 'size_t AsyncJsonResponse::setLength()':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:86:24: error: '_root' was not declared in this scope

_contentLength = _root.measureLength();

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: In member function 'size_t AsyncJsonResponse::getSize()':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:91:30: error: '_jsonBuffer' was not declared in this scope

size_t getSize() { return _jsonBuffer.size(); }

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: In member function 'virtual size_t AsyncJsonResponse::_fillBuffer(uint8_t*, size_t)':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:95:7: error: '_root' was not declared in this scope

_root.printTo( dest ) ;

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: At global scope:

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:100:60: error: 'JsonVariant' was not declared in this scope

typedef std::function<void(AsyncWebServerRequest *request, JsonVariant &json)> ArJsonRequestHandlerFunction;

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:100:77: error: expression list treated as compound expression in functional cast [-fpermissive]

typedef std::function<void(AsyncWebServerRequest *request, JsonVariant &json)> ArJsonRequestHandlerFunction;

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:100:78: error: template argument 1 is invalid

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:100:108: error: invalid type in declaration before ';' token

^

In file included from C:\Users\Ralph\Emons Current Sense Emons\EmonESP-master\src\src.ino:2:0:

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: In member function 'virtual void AsyncCallbackJsonWebHandler::handleRequest(AsyncWebServerRequest*)':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:136:9: error: 'DynamicJsonBuffer' was not declared in this scope

DynamicJsonBuffer jsonBuffer;

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:136:27: error: expected ';' before 'jsonBuffer'

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:137:9: error: 'JsonVariant' was not declared in this scope

JsonVariant json = jsonBuffer.parse((uint8_t*)(request->_tempObject));

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:137:21: error: expected ';' before 'json'

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:138:13: error: 'json' was not declared in this scope

if (json.success()) {

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:139:35: error: expression cannot be used as a function

_onRequest(request, json);

^

These errors are caused by using code written for the ArduinoJSON library version 5.x.x or older with the ArduinoJSON library version 6.x.x:
https://arduinojson.org/v5/faq/error-jsonbuffer-was-not-declared-in-this-scope/

The solution is to install the latest release of ArduinoJSON library version 5.x.x

If you installed ArduinoJSON via Arduino IDE's Library Manager this is quite easy:
  • Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries...
  • Wait for the download to finish.
  • In the "Filter your search..." box, type "ArduinoJSON"
  • Click on "ArduinoJson by Benoit Blanchon"
  • From the dropdown menu, select "Version 5.13.2".
  • Click "Install".

In general you should avoid installing library versions like "6.4.0-beta". Any version number that ends in a -xxx indicates a pre-release that is intended only for beta testing. Beta testing is a very valuable contribution to an open source project but you need to be prepared to encounter some bugs (that's the job of a beta tester after all). If you're a beginner or want to have reliable working code then you need to use stable releases. It appears that you're also using the beta version of the ESP8266 core for Arduino.

Ralphpdq

Thanks again!!

First thing how does one turn on non-verbose output?

I installed the Jason Version 5.13.2. Still getting essentially the same error.

If I can turn off verbose I'll post the output error.

Ralph

pert

First thing how does one turn on non-verbose output?
File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (uncheck) > OK

I installed the Jason Version 5.13.2. Still getting essentially the same error.

If I can turn off verbose I'll post the output error.
Sorry to hear that. I have a suspicion of the problem but I'll wait for the error output to investigate.

Ralphpdq

I found the Verbose setting so here is the output:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266, 80 MHz, 4M (1M SPIFFS), v2 Prebuilt (gcc), Disabled, None, 115200"

WARNING: library ESP8266WiFi claims to run on (esp8266) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (Arduino-master) architecture(s).
WARNING: library Hash claims to run on (esp8266) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (Arduino-master) architecture(s).
WARNING: library ESP8266httpUpdate claims to run on (esp8266) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (Arduino-master) architecture(s).
WARNING: library ESP8266HTTPClient claims to run on (esp8266) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (Arduino-master) architecture(s).
WARNING: library EEPROM claims to run on (esp8266) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (Arduino-master) architecture(s).
WARNING: library ArduinoOTA claims to run on (esp8266) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (Arduino-master) architecture(s).
WARNING: library ESP8266mDNS claims to run on (esp8266) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (Arduino-master) architecture(s).
WARNING: library DNSServer claims to run on (esp8266) architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on (Arduino-master) architecture(s).
<command-line>:0:21: warning: ISO C99 requires whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:70:5: error: 'DynamicJsonBuffer' does not name a type

DynamicJsonBuffer _jsonBuffer;

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:71:5: error: 'JsonVariant' does not name a type

JsonVariant _root;

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:83:5: error: 'JsonVariant' does not name a type

JsonVariant & getRoot() { return _root; }

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: In constructor 'AsyncJsonResponse::AsyncJsonResponse(bool)':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:78:9: error: '_root' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:78:17: error: '_jsonBuffer' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:80:9: error: '_root' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:80:17: error: '_jsonBuffer' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: In member function 'size_t AsyncJsonResponse::setLength()':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:86:24: error: '_root' was not declared in this scope

_contentLength = _root.measureLength();

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: In member function 'size_t AsyncJsonResponse::getSize()':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:91:30: error: '_jsonBuffer' was not declared in this scope

size_t getSize() { return _jsonBuffer.size(); }

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: In member function 'virtual size_t AsyncJsonResponse::_fillBuffer(uint8_t*, size_t)':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:95:7: error: '_root' was not declared in this scope

_root.printTo( dest ) ;

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: At global scope:

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:100:60: error: 'JsonVariant' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:100:77: error: expression list treated as compound expression in functional cast [-fpermissive]

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:100:78: error: template argument 1 is invalid

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:100:108: error: invalid type in declaration before ';' token

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h: In member function 'virtual void AsyncCallbackJsonWebHandler::handleRequest(AsyncWebServerRequest*)':

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:136:9: error: 'DynamicJsonBuffer' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:136:27: error: expected ';' before 'jsonBuffer'

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:137:9: error: 'JsonVariant' was not declared in this scope

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:137:21: error: expected ';' before 'json'

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:138:13: error: 'json' was not declared in this scope

if (json.success()) {

^

C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master\src/AsyncJson.h:139:35: error: expression cannot be used as a function

_onRequest(request, json);

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

pert

The only thing I can think is that you have multiple ArduinoJson libraries installed and the incorrect one is being used. What's strange is that I can't see the path to the library in your verbose output. In mine I have this:
Using library ArduinoJson at version 6.4.0-beta in folder: E:\electronics\arduino\libraries\ArduinoJson

Please do this:
  • File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: compilation (check) > OK
  • Compile the following sketch:

#include <ArduinoJson.h>
void setup() {}
void loop() {}

• Copy the full output from the console window and paste it here. Please use code tags (</> button on the toolbar).

Ralphpdq

I substituted a MEGA for the Huzzah.

"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\IPAddress.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\PluggableUSB.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\Print.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\Stream.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\Tone.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\USBCore.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\WMath.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\WString.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\abi.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\main.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc-ar" rcs  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\core.a" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\core\new.cpp.o"
Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_810263\core\core_arduino_avr_mega_cpu_atmega2560_bd585a5e10029f217a5a0b0c669948e7.a
Linking everything together...
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc" -Wall -Wextra -Os -g -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -Wl,--gc-sections,--relax -mmcu=atmega2560  -o "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/sketch_sep23a.ino.elf" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924\sketch\sketch_sep23a.ino.cpp.o" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/core\core.a" "-LC:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924" -lm
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-objcopy" -O ihex -j .eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom=alloc,load --no-change-warnings --change-section-lma .eeprom=0  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/sketch_sep23a.ino.elf" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/sketch_sep23a.ino.eep"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-objcopy" -O ihex -R .eeprom  "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/sketch_sep23a.ino.elf" "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/sketch_sep23a.ino.hex"
Multiple libraries were found for "ArduinoJson.h"
 Used: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoJson
 Not used: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master
Using library ArduinoJson at version 5.13.2 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoJson
Sketch uses 656 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8183 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/bin/avrdude -CC:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega2560 -cwiring -PCOM4 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/sketch_sep23a.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM4
         Using Programmer              : wiring
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
         AVR Part                      : ATmega2560
         Chip Erase delay              : 9000 us
         PAGEL                         : PD7
         BS2                           : PA0
         RESET disposition             : dedicated
         RETRY pulse                   : SCK
         serial program mode           : yes
         parallel program mode         : yes
         Timeout                       : 200
         StabDelay                     : 100
         CmdexeDelay                   : 25
         SyncLoops                     : 32
         ByteDelay                     : 0
         PollIndex                     : 3
         PollValue                     : 0x53
         Memory Detail                 :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           eeprom        65    10     8    0 no       4096    8      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           flash         65    10   256    0 yes    262144  256   1024  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  9000  9000 0x00 0x00
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : Wiring
         Description     : Wiring
         Programmer Model: AVRISP
         Hardware Version: 15
         Firmware Version Master : 2.10
         Vtarget         : 0.0 V
         SCK period      : 0.1 us

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9801 (probably m2560)
avrdude: reading input file "C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/sketch_sep23a.ino.hex"
avrdude: writing flash (656 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.12s

avrdude: 656 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/sketch_sep23a.ino.hex:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/sketch_sep23a.ino.hex:
avrdude: input file C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_237924/sketch_sep23a.ino.hex contains 656 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.10s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 656 bytes of flash verified

avrdude done.  Thank you.

pert

Aha! Here  we have the answer:
Multiple libraries were found for "ArduinoJson.h"
 Used: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoJson
 Not used: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master
Apparently for some unknown reason you installed the beta version of the ArduinoJson library to the ESPAsyncWebServer library's folder.

Since I have no way of knowing what other inexplicable things you might have done to the ESPAsyncWebServer library, I recommend that you delete C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master and install a fresh, unmodified copy. That should solve the problem.

It's a very common problem that, when they have a problem, beginners start trying a lot of random things. That in itself is not a problem. The problem is that they don't do it in a methodical manner. So they end up piling a bunch of fresh problems on top of the original one and have no clue which of the things they did were the cause.

Ralphpdq

I "think" the JSON problem has been fixed but ...
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_783981\libraries\ArduinoOTA\ArduinoOTA.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_783981\libraries\ESP8266mDNS\ESP8266mDNS.cpp.o"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_783981\libraries\DNSServer\DNSServer.a"
"C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_783981/arduino.ar" -lhal -lphy -lpp -lnet80211 -llwip2 -lwpa -lcrypto -lmain -lwps -lbearssl -laxtls -lespnow -lsmartconfig -lairkiss -lwpa2 -lstdc++ -lm -lc -lgcc -Wl,--end-group  "-L
C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_783981"
xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc: error: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_783981\libraries\DNSServer\DNSServer.a: No such file or directory

Multiple libraries were found for "ESP8266mDNS.h"
 Used: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266mDNS
 Not used: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\ESP8266mDNS
Multiple libraries were found for "DNSServer.h"
 Used: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DNSServer
 Not used: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\DNSServer
Using library ESPAsyncWebServer-master at version 1.2.0 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncWebServer-master
Using library ESPAsyncTCP-master at version 1.2.0 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncTCP-master
Using library ESP8266WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\ESP8266WiFi
Using library ArduinoJson at version 5.13.2 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoJson
Using library Hash at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\Hash
Using library ESP8266httpUpdate at version 1.2 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\ESP8266httpUpdate
Using library ESP8266HTTPClient at version 1.1 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\ESP8266HTTPClient
Using library EEPROM at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\EEPROM
Using library pubsubclient-master at version 2.6 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\pubsubclient-master
Using library ArduinoOTA at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\libraries\ArduinoOTA
Using library ESP8266mDNS at version 1.1 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESP8266mDNS
Using library DNSServer at version 1.1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DNSServer
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather HUZZAH ESP8266.

Where could I get DNSServer.a from?
Also do I need to do anything about the MUltiple Files found Used/Notused?

I copied all of the C:\Users\Ralph\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ from the GIT current Arduino Core build.
Ralph

Ralphpdq

Could someone just send me DNSServer.a or tell me where to get it?

Ralph

Ralphpdq

Where do I get DNSserver.a?

The DNSserver LIbrary does not have it!

Ralph

BJHenry

Again, it looks like you've got multiple copies of the ESP8266mDNS and DNSServer libraries installed. You'd be better off sorting that issue out, rather than chasing down individual files that are missing form the manual library installs you seem to have done.

Go Up