Go Down

Topic: First Library - Looking for a little guidance (Read 153 times) previous topic - next topic

scrumfled

Sooo, I've been dabbling in arduino land for a bit now, very much in the style of a monkey with a rock.

I've setup barebones boards, dabbled a bit with attiny and esp8266 (running the code on the ESP). Most of what I've done has been I/O focused, with some displays (OLEDs, TFT's, very much as a dumb user of Oli Kraus excellent libraries) and I've tinkered a bit with serial comms for gsm/gps modules.

In summary, Im consuming rather than contributing. I'd like to change that a bit and have been looking for some stuff I could use that doesnt yet have libraries, since i figure that'll force me to learn the proper construction methods and perhaps I can give something back.

The module Im looking to use is an accelerometer, which has i2c/spi interfaces and uses registers for comms/control. In my head this means implementing/reusing i2c/spi libraries, then writing a class to control the various registers.

So now the question, can anyone recommend a particular existing library that would have similarities, that i can study for some pointers..... before i start smacking with my rock to create my own flavour of gibberish?

PaulS

So now the question, can anyone recommend a particular existing library that would have similarities, that i can study for some pointers.
There is a library for the MPU 6050 that would be a good starting point:
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/MPU-6050
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

scrumfled

Ah, thats a tad embarassing... at least you didnt say "RTFM" ;) thanks!

Go Up