Go Down

Topic: First Library - Looking for a little guidance (Read 134 times) previous topic - next topic

scrumfled

Sooo, I've been dabbling in arduino land for a bit now, very much in the style of a monkey with a rock.

I've setup barebones boards, dabbled a bit with attiny and esp8266 (running the code on the ESP). Most of what I've done has been I/O focused, with some displays (OLEDs, TFT's, very much as a dumb user of Oli Kraus excellent libraries) and I've tinkered a bit with serial comms for gsm/gps modules.

In summary, Im consuming rather than contributing. I'd like to change that a bit and have been looking for some stuff I could use that doesnt yet have libraries, since i figure that'll force me to learn the proper construction methods and perhaps I can give something back.

The module Im looking to use is an accelerometer, which has i2c/spi interfaces and uses registers for comms/control. In my head this means implementing/reusing i2c/spi libraries, then writing a class to control the various registers.

So now the question, can anyone recommend a particular existing library that would have similarities, that i can study for some pointers..... before i start smacking with my rock to create my own flavour of gibberish?

PaulS

So now the question, can anyone recommend a particular existing library that would have similarities, that i can study for some pointers.
There is a library for the MPU 6050 that would be a good starting point:
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/MPU-6050
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

scrumfled

Ah, thats a tad embarassing... at least you didnt say "RTFM" ;) thanks!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy