Hi Rob, thanx for the response.
- what was the real temperature? / how far was the measurement off ?
# the real temperature is about 25O
C, and the measurement off is about 60 - 25 C = 35 C.
- was the humidity right?
# the real humidity is about 80%.
- what was the output of the other sketch from dfrobot?
# The output was error status, because I didn't use sensor shield as the recommendation.
- if you breath to the sensor does the values change?
if so how?
# I have tried to do that, but the reading temperature and humidity doesn't change, even I use my laptop exhaust.
- can you measure the voltage applied to the sensor?
# Ya, I checked the sensor voltage (GND & Signal) and the power pin (VCC & GND). Both of them had same voltage, about 4.96 V.
- are you sure you have a DHT11? A DHT22 looks the same, talks the same but data must be interpreted differently
you can test this with - http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/DHTLib
# I am pretty sure that my sensor is DHT11 (as written in the sensor board). I have tried DHTLib from http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/DHTLib
, and the result didn't change at all, temperature 60 C and humidity 66 %.
I also read digital signal from the sensor using basic example from arduino DigitalReadSerial (without delay), and the result in serial monitor is 1111111 all the time.
I wonder if the problem come from the sensor.