Go Down

Topic: LDR monitoring from breadboard (Read 660 times) previous topic - next topic

n00bz0rz

Hi guys, currently got an arduino on a breadboard, hooked up to an LDR, which will click a relay once the light level goes above the threshold value for a preset amount of time, and click it off once it goes back below the threshold.

My issue is essentially trying to get a reliable threshold value from the LDR, ie, how can I connect the LDR to another arduino board while keeping the LDR part of the breadboard circuit, as I don't want to remove it in case the actual circuit wiring affects the reading of the LDR when I plug it back in.

So, how do I go about monitoring the sensor from another arduino while keeping it part of the circuit?

Many thanks!

MarkT

An analog input should be high enough impedance it won't cause you problems - though I don't see the need to use a second board to track it - the first Arduino can Serial.print() values so you can see what's going on?  A multimeter would be handy for looking at voltages too.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

n00bz0rz

It's not causing me problems as such, i'm just trying to get the same value going to both boards, so I know for certain what my threshold needs to be. I need to plug a second arduino into the standalone arduino in such a way that it reads the exact same value that the standalone would be reading.

As for the multimeter, I have one, but how would I translate the voltage readings into the analogue values the arduino would read from it?

Cheers :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy