Go Down

Topic: Arduino 1.0 Soon - What do you want to see? (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

Graynomad

when you select functions or variables, it highlights other places in the code where they're called...

That's a very useful feature.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

DCContrarian

mowcius

Everything that Turbo C had in 1990.

Haha :D

oldbeeman

the ability to see the c code that it is compiling.  maybe in a second window.

Valalvax

Oh, another not necessarily next update, but sometime in the future possible feature, breakpoints... so that you can get a better idea of where your code is failing

frank26080115

Oh, another not necessarily next update, but sometime in the future possible feature, breakpoints... so that you can get a better idea of where your code is failing

That absolutely requires special hardware, or REALLY complicated software and firmware
Freelance engineer, consultant, contractor. Graduated from UW in 2013.

Valalvax

That absolutely requires special hardware, or REALLY complicated software and firmware

... >.> didn't think about that one in regards to hardware and software integration

retrolefty

Make the compiler understand what I mean rather then what I type.

Lefty

Coding Badly

That's something we could all use!

Valalvax

Lefty

It does understand what you mean, it just only does what you type to piss you off

Simpson_Jr

Lefty

Be careful with what you wish, It might become member of the union and demand a better PC to run on.

Onions

Support for all 8-bit AVRs...

That would definately be useful. There are already files for some of the AVRs (ATtiny 45, ATtiny 85 and ATtiny 84, if I remember correctly). The only problem is that they are not included in the IDE hardware section...
Although it might take a long time to create the files, there are some microcontrollers that I would love to be able to use with the arduino, and I'm sure other people feel the same. The ATMega8535-16PU is one that I would like to use, but I cannot find any hardware files for it.

Onions.
My website: http://www.harryrabbit.co.uk/electronics/home.html Up and running now! (Feel free to look round!) :D

GaryP

I use tabs in my project, and the "Find"-function don't look from other than active tab only... That would be nice option if it could search from the whole project. Or does it already?

Cheers,
Kari
The only law for me; Ohms Law: U=R*I       P=U*I
Note to self: "Damn! Why don't you just fix it!!!"

retrolefty

I still wish at least the compiled .hex file was saved into the sketch's application folder rather then having to search for it in the temp directories.

Lefty

a.d

I still wish at least the compiled .hex file was saved into the sketch's application folder rather then having to search for it in the temp directories.

Lefty

This would be handy. Very handy.

Go Up