Go Down

Topic: Arduino 1.0 Soon - What do you want to see? (Read 6118 times) previous topic - next topic

madsci1016

Jun 29, 2011, 03:42 pm Last Edit: Jun 29, 2011, 03:46 pm by madsci1016 Reason: 1
if you ask on the forum, people reply on the forum.

I didn't ask on the forum, I posted a link to my tutorial for people to find. CrossRoads read on my tutorial elsewhere, came back and asked on the forum.

No you're not

No I'm not what? Are you saying I didn't write a tutorial?

lots of people have written tutorials

Did I say otherwise?

none of us like that way of talking

What way of talking? Defending myself when someone chases me down in an unrelated post to go "No!, You're wrong!!". Taking aware from useful discussion for personal vendettas.  Apparently you are ok with people doing that? I guess that's an acceptable practice here then.

There's no point in continuing this further. I just won't respond next time and save other random threads from getting junked up.

mowcius

There's no point in continuing this further.

I agree

I just won't respond next time and save other random threads from getting junked up.

Random threads? I'll have you know this isn't just any old random thread... :P

madsci1016

I'll have you know this isn't just any old random thread...

True, this is a good thread.  :D

Now we just need to get the dev team to read it and listen to our requests. I'd really like my hex file without the hunt.

mowcius

I'd really like my hex file without the hunt.

Go with wiring...
The 1.0 beta has a number of features arduino could do with and no doubt in a few years they'll adopt them like they have all the other good changes wiring has made over the years.

madsci1016

I've added a feature request to allow saving the hex file to project directory. Please go vote/comment on it so it gets support.

http://code.google.com/p/arduino/issues/detail?id=641

Simpson_Jr

I recently noticed I've collected quite a lot of libraries/examples.

Shown alphabetically... I can load anything up to the letter S using File->Examples, but I'm afraid
that letter will be gone soon as well. One screen of examples is what you get, scrolling down further is impossible.

I still can load examples starting with T and beyond using File->load followed by a manual search on disk,
but I wouldn't mind If I could just scroll down the examples instead.

Don't know whether the same happens using  File->Sketchbook, haven't written that much yet, but I noticed the same using Sketch->Import library.

Peripheral_Hacker

the ability to scroll down and up on the sketchbook list and libraries list.

I think it would be cool to have the same tech as the Intellisense feature of eclipse and visual studio.

robtillaart

Sep 17, 2011, 10:39 am Last Edit: Sep 17, 2011, 10:43 am by robtillaart Reason: 1
Don't know whether the same happens using  File->Sketchbook, haven't written that much yet, but I noticed the same using Sketch->Import library

Yes it does,
but the sketchbook has the advantange you can use multiple (directory) levels to keep it browsable
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

cr0sh

Hmm - will 1.0 be released when the Due is...?

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,72522.0.html

I think things are going to get interesting real soon now... :)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

a.d

We've made some minor additions to the Arduino connectors to make them more flexible.

Does that mean they've fixed the pin spacing?

EmilyJane

We've made some minor additions to the Arduino connectors to make them more flexible.

Does that mean they've fixed the pin spacing?

I think it just means they will flex to fit a variety of spacings.  :D

EmilyJane

Don't know whether the same happens using  File->Sketchbook, haven't written that much yet, but I noticed the same using Sketch->Import library

Yes it does,
but the sketchbook has the advantange you can use multiple (directory) levels to keep it browsable

The OS X (Lion) version has a scrollable window for File->Sketchbook. I don't know about File->Examples as I don't have enough of those.

Go Up