Go Down

Topic: Using Datarefs from Xplane or other program (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hi, I would like to program an Arduino to display numbers on 7 segment displays. I think the programming itself would be no problem as I know the basics of C++ . The only question I really don'T understand or know how to solve is, what data can Arduino work with, how does it have to be forwarded to the program for the Arduino how do I use it.

would be very cool if smne could help me!

cheers mrmaster

I don't know anyone called smne, but Hi!, I'm AWOL.

You could read the data from a sesnosr connected to:
1) An SPI or I2C connection
2) an analogue input (you've got at least 6 to choose from)
3) a byte-wide (or wider) digital port
4) A bit-wide digital port
5) a serial port
Or memory...or lots of things.

What did you have in mind?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

actually i wanted it to be connected to the computer all the time and then use data that comes directly out of a program called xplane - you can download a demo on their homepage. Actually I don't want to use an analog input as I don't know how to get  the data from it. I want to have Xplane running on my mac and then lets say if I switch to heading 145 on the computer send that 145 to arduino and let him show that on a 7segment consisting of 5 7 segments display

i know this is a very old thread but it may help others that are venturing into x-plane plugins/home cockpits (like myself, when i find appropriate time and space...):

hope it helps :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131