Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Speaker Sequencer  (Read 496 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello all. I am an art student with a ever growing interest in arduino, I don't have one yet, and have a little experience with circuitry and even less with coding, but alas thesis is coming up in a year and I am trying to do a project that I think only arduino can accomplish.

I want arduino to control sounds sent from my computer to multiple speakers, in pre programed sequences.  Im basically looking to have the ability control to chose which sound or track runs to which speaker. Using 8 tracks and 12-24 speakers.

Im thinking of starting slightly smaller for preliminary experimentation. I'm thinking of sending 1 track to four speakers in a preprogramed sequence. Im thinking it would look something like this

Audiotrack------------Amplifier-----------Arduino---------[switch]----------speaker
                                                                                [switch]----------speaker
                                                                                [switch]----------speaker
                                                                                [switch]----------speaker      with the arduino powering on off switches in pre sequenced (preferably with the audio track) compositions.

I guess my question is where should I start?

Australia
You dont have to touch powerlines for them to kill you, even looking at them for too long will make them angry.
View Profile

An Arduino and a bunch of solid state relays or something would work.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent di

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Can you save a track for sync?
Something as simple as a DTMF decoder chip, and put the DTMF tones on the sync track.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Red Sea, Saudi Arabia
God Member
..On The Red Sea
View Profile

AWOL has a good basic questiion: How will all this be synchronized?

I'm an old Broadcast/Sound engineer; I'll try to help...

Regards, Terry King  ..On the Red Sea at KAUST.edu.sa
terry@yourduino.com  LEARN! DO! (Arduino Boards, Sensors, Parts @ http://yourduino.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: