Go Down

Topic: Inverting 2 outputs (Read 568 times) previous topic - next topic

wvmarle

let me know if I am getting close....
LOL you made my head spin. Too much of XY there!
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

bazzlance

I am trying to turn on an AC circuit with a 5v relay starting with a sensor input of 0 - 5 volts. I want to activate the relay when the sensor input goes low.  I have therefor inverted the low from the sensor to a high (5v) using the 2 transistors but need more current to drive the relay which needs 60 mA.  I had thought of doing this using a third transistor but maybe a FET would be better as suggested.
Barrie Aarons

wvmarle

A single transistor (PNP, high side switch) should be enough for this. Maybe two, if your sensor can't supply even 1 mA.

And I'm assuming your still undisclosed sensor produces a digital output of either 0V or 5V.
Quality of answers is related to the quality of questions. Good questions will get good answers. Useless answers are a sign of a poor question.

TomGeorge

Hi,
Please read post #10.

Thanks.. Tom.. :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Paul__B

Please read post #10.
Yes, start providing real answers.

Show us your circuit, but first tell us what the sensor is - a Web link or datasheet.

What is the AC circuit you need to control?

What is the relay?  Web link or datasheet please.  Why are you using this particular relay?

All of this information was supposed to be in your original posting.

bazzlance

My original question did not mention the sensor source as there are a number of possibilities such as an LDR or a clap switch.  I have now solved my problem and here is the circuit attached as a pdf file.
Thanks for all your advice.
Barrie Aarons

TomGeorge

Ops pdf? pic.

Thanks Tom..
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up