Go Down

Topic: Analog VU Meter - I2C OLED SH1106 - OLEDMeter Animation (Read 7453 times) previous topic - next topic

stievenart

Mar 06, 2017, 03:12 am Last Edit: Mar 06, 2017, 03:18 am by stievenart
Hi,

Tried a few different SMeter images but all seem to get garbled up on my tiny .96 Oled display. Any ideas or pointers greatly apreciated ;-) Maybe its the 4bit depth ?

Actually getting the same result if I load our original bmp file into Image2GLCD and paste the generated hexcode into the const...?

Never mind ;-) in the Image2GLCD tool just don't forget to set the custom size of your display and all is well.

thanks,
Leo
Hello mrbamix,

I am glad you got it worked out...

I drew the original bitmap in MSPaint... pixel by pixel. I just couldn't find any good images and the existing VU codes were too simple. That original bitmap is 128x64 and might need to be redrawn at different sizes so it scales properly.

~stievenart

lordhex

This is a phenomenal project! I've done it with an Arduino Nano and it work beautifully. Thank you stievenart for the code.

Would it be possible to drive two OLEDs with the same Arduino or I have to use a second one, with a second OLED attached to it. Wouldn't be a problem these boards are so cheap, $2 for the Arduino and $2.50 for the OLED all from Aliexpress.

You're the best!!!

stievenart

May 07, 2017, 04:17 am Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 04:22 am by stievenart
Thanks for the nice words LordHex. I have been thinking about a two display version and have been looking at this post on Multiple OLEDs http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=248663.0.

The other post is written with the U8glib libraries and would involve a lot of editing to the original code to get it all to work. I think it is possible... I just haven't put it all together. I have also been looking at using a TCA9548A multiplexer to run two I2C OLEDs.

BTW... it would be nice to have right and left channels.

Go Up