Go Down

Topic: YAAMI-DRUM, a 52 analog inputs trigger-to-midi drummachine (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

johnnypig

I'm connecting the piezo with a 1meg resistor between output and ground to pin0 on the shield.

My pc is an i7 running win7 (my laptop runs ubuntu), Arduino IDE 1.0 but I've also tried IDE 0.0022 to test YAAMI 1.1.

For MIDI I've tested using TTYmidi on my laptop with YAAMI at 115200 baud, and Hairless serial to midi on win7. I've also tried my RME 9652 midi input with a cable from the Arduino TX output at 32500 baud.

Testing other projects like the Sparkfun midi drum without the MUX shield went fine and I also tested some homemade pressure sensors using Processing without any problems.

I can run the Mayhew MUX analog input example code with the shield and get some response from the piezos as well.

Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong but I am an Arduino noob though I'm still having fun :D

Thanks for your help!

-robo

mrboni

Hi Guys, sorry to butt in.

I've got two piezos hooked up directly to an arduino, with no mux shield, and no other sensors.  Could someone advise how to just take the code necessary to process the hits from these and send the midi out?  There's alot of other things going on in that sketch and it's confusing me!

Thanks

chloris

Hi,

you are the 2 first one's who posted about problems with the sketch.

To start learning something about the early beginnings of that sketch take a look at ->
http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Knock

For further understanding please read EVERYTHING of that sketch (especially hints about other sources mentioned inside the sketch).
Please try to find out which pins belong to piezos and which pin belongs to e.g. the pololu infrared sensor (pin0). You can do so by reading the source carefully.
The sketch is not a "plug'nplay" solution. You should know what you are doing.

If you have any problems related to the code PLEASE DON'T POST here but here->
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=512895&atid=2084828

Have fun.

marcjwebb

hi there, did anyone actually get a working schematic at all, as the mix shield has a lot of inputs, i can't tell just from the code which pins to connect everything too.

any help would be great.

many thanks

marc

johngovan

please. help us by posting your schematics and other details. thank you so much.  :)

Go Up