Go Down

Topic: Modbus RTU function 1 code (Read 244 times) previous topic - next topic

AJITnayak

Dear all,

I am looking for sample code written in c  for function code 1. to read data status of digital input .IS there any example code.

https://github.com/yaacov/ArduinoModbusSlave/blob/master/src/ModbusSlave.cpp

Below library in c++ , any similar code in function code1
AMPS

pylon

There are several libraries that implement the master and the slave side of ModBus. All I already inspected implement function 1 so there should be plenty of example code.

The Arduino IDE supports C++ so please specify why you're explicitly asking for C code. C++ is similar enough to extract the functionality if you really need C code (at least ANSI C, I hope you're not asking for K&R C).

AJITnayak

The link attachded there is no code for function1 . So is there any working library for which i can do code conversion from C++ to c.
AMPS

pylon

The link attachded there is no code for function1 .
Bullshit, it's just called differently: FC_READ_COILS.

adwsystems

Bullshit, it's just called differently: FC_READ_COILS.
Agreed. but the code looks a little thin. Has anyone used this library directly with success?

pylon

Agreed. but the code looks a little thin. Has anyone used this library directly with success?
That's because it just handles the ModBus specific parts and delegates the rest to callback functions. But to be clear: I haven't used it myself.

AJITnayak

There is no example code written for function code 1 with Arduino in C.
AMPS

adwsystems

As mentioned previously, probably not since Arduino libraries are (typically) programmed in C++. You have a library with function 1 code programmed in C++ and I could easily find 2-3 more of the same. You haven't motivated anyone to help look as you have not stated why it must be in C and not C++. You are asking people to do extra work without providing them motivation (a reason) to do so.

pylon

The library has example code available which also implements ModBus function 1. As you're asking for code for the Arduino platform it uses C++ as that's what the Arduino platform uses. If it must be C code you probably use AVRstudio but then ask the vendor for support.

Go Up