Go Down

Topic: . (Read 515 times) previous topic - next topic

narzonmars

Oct 12, 2018, 04:36 am Last Edit: Oct 12, 2018, 09:57 am by narzonmars

Grumpy_Mike

That code will miss characters. You also lose anything you receive because you save it in a local variable. Also when sending you don't need to be receiving anything on that serial port.

Just read that last function!
If you have anything coming in on serial2 then read serial1 and send it out to serial2

Does that make any sense?

Hint -  ever use capital letters for words in your title, and never say something is urgent, that is your problem not mine. A lot of people here will ignore posts that say urgent in the title.

Juraj

if (Serial2.available() > 0) {    sc = Serial1.read();

if 2 has bytes read 1?

You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

AWOL

Please use your all-too-brief forum timeout to ponder why this might be inappropriate.
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

Juraj

now I regret I didn't use Quote
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

Delta_G

Oct 12, 2018, 07:21 pm Last Edit: Oct 12, 2018, 07:22 pm by Delta_G
You know why they do this don't you?  They're cheating on homework.  They know the teacher may do some searching and find this.  So they get the answer and remove the question to avoid the teacher finding it with something easy like Google.

|| | ||| | || | ||  ~Woodstock

Please do not PM with technical questions or comments.  Keep Arduino stuff out on the boards where it belongs.

AWOL

Well, if any of the teaching staff at Nanyang Polytechnic in Singapore want to drop by, I'll be happy to help
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

Coding Badly

Huh.  Even Google Cache is upset about @narzonmars...

404. That's an error.
The requested URL /search?q=cache:7KOef_pGWGAJ:https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php%3Ftopic%3D573090.0+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us was not found on this server. That's all we know.

ChrisTenone

Is there a nightly backup that it could be dug out of by someone with a lot of spare time?   :smiley-evil:
Atmosphere carries combustion vapors to places where they will do good instead of harm - Mike Faraday's 'History of a Candle': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W0MHZ4jb4A

Whoops ::)

Grumpy_Mike

Maybe it is worth locking his previous thread https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=571394.msg3892160#msg3892160
Before he vandalises that one as well.

Paul__B

Is there a nightly backup that it could be dug out of by someone with a lot of spare time?   :smiley-evil:
I do recall moderators doing that with some modest ease in the past.  I think it has to do with the automatic saving of drafts.

Robin2

Is there a nightly backup that it could be dug out of by someone with a lot of spare time?   :smiley-evil:
Even if there is wouldn't it be a complete waste of time?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ChrisTenone

Oct 13, 2018, 07:48 pm Last Edit: Oct 13, 2018, 07:48 pm by ChrisTenone
Even if there is wouldn't it be a complete waste of time? ...
It would. I used to worry much more about cheating. It is so prevalent these days. If a student gets one by me, there will be another later. Sometimes I feel like our goal is to churn students through over and over, to maximize the income. Let 'em cheat, flunk 'em, sign 'em up again.
Atmosphere carries combustion vapors to places where they will do good instead of harm - Mike Faraday's 'History of a Candle': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W0MHZ4jb4A

Whoops ::)

Bringamosa

I'm amazed this topic is still open and a e not deleted yet, what's the point .   .... delete it alreadyyyyy

AWOL

Think of it as a gibbet.

Go Up