Go Down

Topic: By mistake, I applied 12 volts to ATMega8 microcontroller. Did it get damaged? (Read 163 times) previous topic - next topic

prabhu_metgud

Today, while doing a project on a breadboard, I accidentally connected 12 volts DC power supply to Ground pin of ATMega8 micro controller. Does this particular micro controller get damaged/malfunction because of this ?

spycatcher2k

Mrs Drew
-=-
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - UK PCB Fab Company
I will design & code for you, but I will also charge you (PM me)
If you don't like my answers, realize : I'm not being cheeky, I'm Just trying to prompt you to use your own brain/google etc.

rpt007

I accidentally connected 12 volts DC power supply to Ground pin of ATMega8 micro controller. Does this particular micro controller get damaged
1. Could you check if it still works? If it was working before, but "after" not - it was damaged.
2. If you didn't check yet - it depends on the potentials on your Arduino and if or how the 12V DC was connected with BOTH pins. So: what about the GND of your 12V source - did you connect 12V plus/minus converted?

If GND wasn't connected at all to your device - nothing should have happened.

Means: we need more information to answer your question.
Before you ask:
Did you really read and understand How to use this forum ?
AND:
Do you have already some solution or is a part of the problem sitting in front of the screen?  :)

Go Up