Go Down

Topic: Able to upload but Unable to run sketch on custom esp8266 board  (Read 226 times) previous topic - next topic

flyingbaloon

Hi 
We have made a custom board using the Esp8266ex IC.   We are using the Arduino IDE to program it .

As a first step to install firmware we followed https://randomnerdtutorials.com/flashing-nodemcu-firmware-on-the-esp8266-using-windows/  and flashed the nodemcu firmware . The flash was successful and there was a green tick shown.

Then we uploaded the basic example sketch 'Wificlient' using Arduino IDE , the upload was successful .

now we made GPIO 0  high to put the chip in running mode  and powered it , but the  board isn't running the uploaded code ,  there is no output on the serial monitor . 

The power supply is external source.
Could someone help with this issue . thanks

Juraj

do you have the right state at boot of the other boot configuration pins? what is printed to Serial Monitor?
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

flyingbaloon

yes , i have (10k)pull up on GPIO 2 ,  CH_PD , RESET ,  and while booting i  connected GPIO0 to GND , in running mode i pull up(10K)  GPIO 0 .

1) when i connect GPIO to GND and upload sketch it uploads ok . then on the serial monitor i could see

nvnvNvvnvnvnvnvNN etc .,  (according to the wifi client sketch the serial output is supposed to be "......"  before connecting to wifi)

2) when i connect GPIO to VCC and restart the module there is no serial output .

Juraj

yes , i have (10k)pull up on GPIO 2 ,  CH_PD , RESET ,  and while booting i  connected GPIO0 to GND , in running mode i pull up(10K)  GPIO 0 .

1) when i connect GPIO to GND and upload sketch it uploads ok . then on the serial monitor i could see

nvnvNvvnvnvnvnvNN etc .,  (according to the wifi client sketch the serial output is supposed to be "......"  before connecting to wifi)

2) when i connect GPIO to VCC and restart the module there is no serial output .

I can't find it in docs, but I think to remember, io 0 should not be connected without resistor
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

flyingbaloon

yes i have a pull up(10k) when connecting GPIO 0 to VCC

Juraj

do you have the same baud rate in sketch and in Serial Monitor?

Go Up