Go Down

Topic: Wii Classic Controller Error (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hi, I am trying to get the Arduino Uno and the Wii Classic Remote to work and this is the error I received:

core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':
C:\Users\Tong\Documents\arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:7: undefined reference to `setup'
C:\Users\Tong\Documents\arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/main.cpp:10: undefined reference to `loop'

Here's code I am using.
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/WiiClassicController

Please help. My project is due to 2 weeks! this is the first time I am using Arduino

PaulS

What did you do with the code in the link?

I copied and paste to the Arduino software. What are the steps I need to take?

PaulS

The first block of code on that page DOES contain a setup() function and a loop() function. If you pasted that code as a sketch, and the second block of code in another tab with the correct name and .h extension, the code should compile.

I did that and it is still giving me the same error. Here's a screen print. Thank you for helping me.

PaulS

Which version of the IDE are you using? I pasted the first code into the IDE (0022), and the second code into a new tab, named WiiClassic.h. The program failed to compile, but it complained only about the WiiClassic.h file. When I added
#include <WProgram.h> to the WiiClassic.h tab, the program compiled successfully.

Thank you so much for your help. YES! It compiled now.

PaulS

So, what did you have to change?

I just added #include <WProgram.h>

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy