What I really want to know is, was the component faulty, or was it something I did..
having it plugged into a standard ProCell 9v battery on about 5 different occasions, one of the capacitors ..... exploded when I plugged the battery into it
If its just the cap you could use should desolder the remains and either replace it (10uF) or use a decoupling capacitor off the board - depending on how good your surface-mount soldering skills are.
Are you saying nothing had changed between the successful connections and the explosion? On the occasions it did not explode (I can't believe I just wrote that) did it work as expected or was it dead?
... did it work as expected or was it dead?
but I may have caught the pins the wrong way at some other point...
Quotebut I may have caught the pins the wrong way at some other point... That might have damaged the capacitors causing a short in them. This then would have been enough for it to over heat and explode when it was connected the right way round for a little time.In over 40 years I have not known a capacitor explode for no reason, it is more likely you damaged it than it was faulty to begin with.
Please enter a valid email to subscribe
We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the
email we just sent you.
Thank you for subscribing!
via Egeo 16