Go Down

Topic: Bluetooth SSP "Dev-B" Vanishes? (Read 749 times) previous topic - next topic

aconitin

Sep 24, 2012, 01:16 am Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012, 03:02 am by aconitin Reason: 1
Hello,
I have a really strange problem that i couldn't solve for several days now and i really hope you can help me.

I have an iteaduino BT board and a arduino motor shield attached to it.
Also, I have installed the latest Arduino on my Computer and my Laptop.
On my computer, I have written a short programm which turn a motor on when it recieves a certain character via bluetooth (with Serial.read()).
I then connected the Board via USB to my computer, uploaded the programm, then I connected the board via bluetooth to my pc and sent some characters to the board, everything worked fine.
On my computer the board "creates" to COM-ports upon connecting it with bluetooth, and when i check the options for the BT board, i can see one of them is called SSP "Dev-B", which is the one i send my characters through.

Now, when I try to connect the BT shield to my laptop, it also creates the SSP "Dev-B" port, and the BT shield gets connected as usual. But as soon as I try to send something from my laptop to the BT board, this happens:
1. The Character gets sent and recieved properly (which makes the motor go on btw)
2. After that, the SSP "Dev-B" COM port vanishes from the bluetooth-board options and i can't send anything to the BT board at all.
3. After about 10 seconds, the port suddenly works again and i can send another single character to my board before it all repeats itself.

I have installed the correct bluetooth drivers (and de-installed them a hundred times...), arduino firmware etc, set the correct jumpers, my program works perfectly on the other pc...What should I do?

EDIT: Also, i got another question. can i use an ad-hoc network to connect the arduino wifi shield with my laptop to control an rc car? thanks!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy