Go Down

Topic: angular position from gyroscope (Read 5623 times) previous topic - next topic

Fons1302

Hi,

I would like to copy the pitch and roll of a platform but don't know what I need for it.
So basically I want to reproduce the pitch and roll angle on another platform so that the two platform are 'pitched' and 'rolled' the same way (so I can give the occupants on platform A the same feeling as if they where on platform B). That is why I post this message in this topic (I need to know the angular position after all).
Do I need accelerometers, gyros, compasses or a combination of them? It looks like I need a balancing robot kind of setup which uses a combination of gyros and accelerometers (?).
I only know that gyros measure angular velocity and accelerometers measure acceleration and that an iphone uses accelerometers...

Thanks,
Fons

Hey
You  should have a look at my guide. I am pretty sure that it will answer some of your problems.
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,58048.0.html
- Lauszus

jraskell

In my code I measured the duration of a loop to be approximately 30ms which was what I used for my integration.

With one very simple modification of your code, you can go from 'approximately' to exactly.
Move your assignment of time to prev_time from after your serial outputs to immediately after your calculation of delta_time.  By making that one change, your delta_time value will be exactly the duration of THAT specific loop.  No appoximation of loop time necessary.  One less source of integration error.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy