Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Macbook bluetooth board has SPI breakout-how to use?  (Read 2040 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I recently took apart my old, barely working (but now not working  smiley-confuse ) 13" macbook. To my surprise, the bluetooth module not only has USB, but also labeled MOSI, MISO, CLK, and CSB pins. It also has CIF0 and CIF1, but I have no idea what these are. Has anyone used one of these things before? I tried looking up a datasheet, to no success, and I don't imagine the SPI interface is intuitive. If it helps, the PN on the RF cage is A1114, and I see the "anatel" brand name. I can post a picture if it will help.

Will

Denmark
God Member
Please don't send questions as PM!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Almost all Bluetooth controllers have USB, two serial ports, SPI, analog in/out etc.

Internal, the Bluetooth chip is a complete ARM processor with RAM, ROM, Radio etc.

It runs a firmware from the attached flash eprom (or internally on some variants)

Some years ago i toyed with che CSR Bluecore2 chips - i bought an expensive Serial port Bluetooth module, got a copy of the programming environment and made a Parallel port to SPI adaptor, and read out the firmware, so i could clone it to a cheap Bluetooth module from eBay - worked nicely.

So the price you pay for the Bluetooth to RS232 boards is for the firmware - the hardware is standard, and quite cheap.

// Per.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: