Go Down

Topic: Macbook bluetooth board has SPI breakout-how to use? (Read 2146 times) previous topic - next topic

wyager

I recently took apart my old, barely working (but now not working  :~ ) 13" macbook. To my surprise, the bluetooth module not only has USB, but also labeled MOSI, MISO, CLK, and CSB pins. It also has CIF0 and CIF1, but I have no idea what these are. Has anyone used one of these things before? I tried looking up a datasheet, to no success, and I don't imagine the SPI interface is intuitive. If it helps, the PN on the RF cage is A1114, and I see the "anatel" brand name. I can post a picture if it will help.

Will

Zapro

Almost all Bluetooth controllers have USB, two serial ports, SPI, analog in/out etc.

Internal, the Bluetooth chip is a complete ARM processor with RAM, ROM, Radio etc.

It runs a firmware from the attached flash eprom (or internally on some variants)

Some years ago i toyed with che CSR Bluecore2 chips - i bought an expensive Serial port Bluetooth module, got a copy of the programming environment and made a Parallel port to SPI adaptor, and read out the firmware, so i could clone it to a cheap Bluetooth module from eBay - worked nicely.

So the price you pay for the Bluetooth to RS232 boards is for the firmware - the hardware is standard, and quite cheap.

// Per.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy