Go Down

Topic: Wireless uploading XBee Series 2 (Read 751 times) previous topic - next topic

RemcoMagielse

Apr 07, 2011, 09:05 am Last Edit: Apr 08, 2011, 10:46 am by RemcoMagielse Reason: 1
I know this topic has been posted on several locations, but I have been unable to locate a definite answer.
What I have is an Arduino Nano v.3 hooked up to an XBee Series 2 via a Sparkfun.com Xbee Explorer.
Now, the question is: Is it possible to upload sketches wirelessly with this configuration?

I know the ladyada tutorial specifically mentions that you can NOT upload sketches with an XBee series 2, however I have used http://www.faludi.com/itp_coursework/meshnetworking/XBee/XBee_program_Arduino_wireless.html.
Resetting the Arduino works like a charm....
...however, uploading a new sketch does not work.
I use an XBee explorer attached to my pc to upload to an Nano with XBee. It seems however the XBee is not transmitting anything when I am uploading the sketch (LEDs on the board do not blink).

What could be the issues I have to take into account:
- baud rate of the Xbee Devices; I have tried 57600, 19200, 9600
- time of resetting; I have tried to manually reset at several intervals, didn't seem to work.

Anyone with some wise words?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy