Go Down

Topic: where to buy USB 3.1 C to Up Angle C cables? (Read 213 times) previous topic - next topic

tommydog

Nov 08, 2018, 01:28 pm Last Edit: Nov 09, 2018, 10:18 am by tommydog
I need some USB 3.1 C to Up Angle C cables for a current project to fit in a confined space.  Like these:

I DON'T WANT ANYTHING LIKE THIS (you can buy these everywhere)

I know I could solder some cables up, but would prefer to buy some ready made cables.  Problem is I don't see many options in this configuration.

As an example you can buy these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-3-1-C-to-Up-Angle-C/222404181473

also available at https://www.usbfirewire.com   or  https://www.angledcables.com

But they are crazy expensive.  I don't see anything else on Ebay, aliexpress, amazon etc.

Does anyone know where I can buy these for a reasonable price?

ballscrewbob

Nov 08, 2018, 11:32 pm Last Edit: Nov 08, 2018, 11:33 pm by ballscrewbob
Learning to use Ebays search would probably help you !

HERE

Here

Here (gonna get me some of these)

ALIEXPRESS

Amazon has always been a rip off with usually much higher prices. Only any good for something you really need quickly. You are paying for a better return policy thats all.

Oh and I wasnt even targeting cheapest !

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

tommydog

Nov 09, 2018, 01:06 am Last Edit: Nov 09, 2018, 01:08 am by tommydog
Learning to use Ebays search would probably help you !

HERE

Here

Here (gonna get me some of these)

ALIEXPRESS

Amazon has always been a rip off with usually much higher prices. Only any good for something you really need quickly. You are paying for a better return policy thats all.

Oh and I wasnt even targeting cheapest !

Those that you linked to are totally different, they are just a standard right angle configuration that you can buy all day long.  Look carefully at the image I posted and study the cable position in relation to the plug head.  I need something exactly the same.

ballscrewbob

I could have picked those too still cheaper than your prices.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

tommydog

I could have picked those too still cheaper than your prices.

Where is cheaper?  The ones that the other user linked to are totally different, they are just a standard right angle configuration that you can buy all day long.  Look carefully at the image I posted and study the cable position in relation to the plug head.  I need something exactly the same.

ballscrewbob

Nov 09, 2018, 01:34 am Last Edit: Nov 09, 2018, 01:35 am by ballscrewbob
LOL the other user was still me !

Search terms need to be semi specific.

But "angle usb c" or even "angle usb c solder" will get you some decent hits you just have to wade through them to home in on specific types of angle.

Also learn to use the speech marks on searches. That gets it right down.

tommydog

But "angle usb c" or even "angle usb c solder" will get you some decent hits you just have to wade through them to home in on specific types of angle.

Also learn to use the speech marks on searches. That gets it right down.

Sorry but there is nothing, other than the expensive cables I linked to.  Please note I want this configuration - study the photo carefully:

I DON'T WANT ANYTHING LIKE THIS (you can buy these everywhere)

SoulkeepHL

Do you need it to do power + data? or just for power? 

If you only need power, you might be able to get away with something like this:
Magnetic Type C/Micro USB/iOS Charging Data Cable L-Shape Right Angle

Alternately, if you need data, would a right angle adapter work? Like this:
90 Degree Up Down Angle USB 3.1 Type C Male To Female USB-C Adapter Converter

Finally, a dirty, dirty kludge of a solution might be combining this:
Type-C USB-C Up & Down Angled to 90 Left Angled A Male Data Cable for Mac Phone
with this:
USB-C Type C 3.1 Male to USB 3.0 Type A Female Adapter Sync Data Hub OTG Silver
So you'd go Type-C Male to Type-A Male to Type-A Female to Type-C Male.

tommydog

Do you need it to do power + data? or just for power? 

If you only need power, you might be able to get away with something like this:
Magnetic Type C/Micro USB/iOS Charging Data Cable L-Shape Right Angle

Thanks for your suggestions.  I mainly need power.  Those magnetic cables look useful and it seem they can fully rotate:

But the problem is they do not feature USB C both ends.  I can't find any with the same layout configuration that do.

Not really keen on using adaptors, as I really want a clean looking solution.

I can't believe how hard it is to find the cable configuration I want in USB C.  There is so much for USB A and micro USB, but the options for C are limited to a few very expensive options.

Go Up