Go Down

Topic: Finding the approximation equation for MAX30105 (Read 292 times) previous topic - next topic

chandantaluja

I am working on MAX30105 sensor, and i have got the curve of sensor voltage v/s smoke ppm as output of this sensor.

Kindly help me to plot appropriate equation for this curve.

I have attached the curve.

el_supremo

That doesn't look like it's a valid curve. A smoke density of 3ppm can be indicated by six different voltages.
Where did you get that curve from?

Pete
Don't send me technical questions via Private Message.

jremington

Nov 12, 2018, 05:03 pm Last Edit: Nov 12, 2018, 05:04 pm by jremington
Those data are so noisy that it will be impossible to fit any useful curve.

How did you determine the "smoke value in PPM" for each data point?

For a tutorial on device calibration, see https://learn.adafruit.com/calibrating-sensors/why-calibrate

chandantaluja

That doesn't look like it's a valid curve. A smoke density of 3ppm can be indicated by six different voltages.
Where did you get that curve from?

Pete
I ran max30105 and MQ-2 simultaneously. the three outputs of max30105 and the smoke output of MQ-2 was observed. After this I averaged the values I received appropiately to derive this.

Each output from the LED of the MAX30105 was converted into a voltage and the values were plotted then.

jremington

Why do you think the MQ-2 data mean anything?

chandantaluja

because i needed something for reference and i couldn't find any other smoke sensor

jremington

Nov 15, 2018, 03:23 pm Last Edit: Nov 15, 2018, 03:27 pm by jremington
It is not that simple.

First, the MQ-2 is not a smoke sensor, it is a gas sensor that works mainly for detecting H2, LPG, CH4, CO and alcohol. It needs to be "burned in" and calibrated properly to measure anything.

The MAX30105 is also not a smoke sensor. It measures backscattering of light from particles in the air, and the quantity measured does not have a simple relationship to whatever you think the "PPM of smoke" might be.

chandantaluja

It is not that simple.

First, the MQ-2 is not a smoke sensor, it is a gas sensor that works mainly for detecting H2, LPG, CH4, CO and alcohol. It needs to be "burned in" and calibrated properly to measure anything.

The MAX30105 is also not a smoke sensor. It measures backscattering of light from particles in the air, and the quantity measured does not have a simple relationship to whatever you think the "PPM of smoke" might be.
okay. Got your point.

Any suggestions to what I can use for smoke detection? any sensor or something?

jremington

You could tap into a smoke alarm, or use the active element from one. But most contain a nasty chamber with radioactive material inside.

Go Up