Go Down

Topic: Eagle via question... (Read 899 times) previous topic - next topic

ironbot

Hi,
another newbie question on Eagle:
I use autorout, but the vias that connect top and buttom layers are so small I can't drill them, how to change the size of them please? (so that eagle uses the size I define in some config. window please?)

RuggedCircuits

Before you autoroute, set your design rules (DRC) parameters. Open up the DRC and in the Sizes tab, set the "Minimum Drill" text box to the desired hole diameter for vias. You can also do this with net classes but the DRC method is easier for most people.

If you've already routed and want to change sizes (not a good idea since it will probably make vias bigger and cause clearance violations) you can turn off all layers except vias:

display none vias

Then group them all, and select Change-->Drill, then type in your desired drill diameter. Make sure to run a DRC afterwards to check for clearance violations.

--
The Aussie Shield: breakout all 28 pins to quick-connect terminals

ironbot

Before you autoroute, set your design rules (DRC) parameters. Open up the DRC and in the Sizes tab, set the "Minimum Drill" text box to the desired hole diameter for vias. You can also do this with net classes but the DRC method is easier for most people.

If you've already routed and want to change sizes (not a good idea since it will probably make vias bigger and cause clearance violations) you can turn off all layers except vias:

display none vias

Then group them all, and select Change-->Drill, then type in your desired drill diameter. Make sure to run a DRC afterwards to check for clearance violations.

--
The Aussie Shield: breakout all 28 pins to quick-connect terminals

Hi RuggedCircuits! Question cleared many thanks :)

Go Up