Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help me with MBI5026  (Read 1651 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I Have arduino uno , led driver mbi5026gd, and 16 leds. all communication between driver leds and uno is ready to work. But what kind of library i need , because arduino cant see the mbi5026. can any help me with it?

Central Europe
Edison Member
Use the Source, Luke.
View Profile

I Have arduino uno , led driver mbi5026gd, and 16 leds. all communication between driver leds and uno is ready to work. But what kind of library i need , because arduino cant see the mbi5026. can any help me with it?

From the way you write, it's very hard to guess what you want or need from your message. If you download the data-sheet for your mbi5026gd, you can read in it that it has a typical three wire interface with data and clock line to shift data into the shift register which can be cascaded and a latch pin to switch the data to the output. So your best bet is to use the shiftOut() function. Look in google for tutorials. Driving your chips be the same as driving 74HC595, except that you have to shift 16 bits into each chip instead of 8 for the 74HC595.

Korman

View Profile

so ... about mbi5026 can any tell me how can i ride a brightness for leds to each channels. i can only turn on or off with this driver.

Central Europe
Edison Member
Use the Source, Luke.
View Profile

so ... about mbi5026 can any tell me how can i ride a brightness for leds to each channels. i can only turn on or off with this driver.

You can't - at least the chip can't dim leds individually. Turning led on and off is all the chip is designed for. If you need to dim the led individually, you should have taken one of the TI chips. But then again, they cost a lot more than the MBI5026.

Korman

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: