Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: WIndows help  (Read 1027 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

My older sony vaio laptop with WinXP SP3 seems to have 90-95 folders taking up tons of room on my harddrive, going back to 2006.
Do I need to keep all these? Files are in C:\Windows folder, names like these:

$NtServicePackUninstall$

Thanks

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Software developer, free software activist
View Profile

My older sony vaio laptop with WinXP SP3 seems to have 90-95 folders taking up tons of room on my harddrive, going back to 2006.
Do I need to keep all these? Files are in C:\Windows folder, names like these:

$NtServicePackUninstall$

Thanks

Hello,
this forum is not for helping you using your operating system (unless it is related to Arduino).

Blog pt_BR: http://blog.justen.eng.br/
Curso de Arduino (Arduino Course, in Brazil) - http://www.CursoDeArduino.com.br/

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Well, I can't get the compiler to work as I'm running out of hard disk drive space.
So instead of installing a new hard drive and all the applications over, I'd like to safely get rid of old unneeded stuff.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Espoo, Finland
God Member
"Oops, try again..."
View Profile

You can remove those blue uninstall-folders under the c:\windows\ folder. They are not needed anymore.

Kari

The only law for me; Ohms Law: U=R*I       P=U*I
Note to self: "Damn! Why don't you just fix it!!!"

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Cool, will start blowing them away and see what happens. I imagine a lot of the files were revised several times since 2006 and are thus not relevant anymore.

Leighton Buzzard, UK
Edison Member
View Profile

each time you install a windows update you get the uninstall file so you can remove it
after a while there's no point in using the uninstall
so just dump them every now and then
HTH

there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: