Go Down

Topic: ESP8266 with 3.5" RPi TFT with TFT_eSPI (Read 86 times) previous topic - next topic

TonyParakka

hi All.. I just joined the forum, so quite new here..

Looking for help getting this 3.5" TFT display for RPi to work with the NodeMCU ESP8266.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-LCD-Display-Monitor-Touch-Screen-Case-for-Raspberry-Pi-3-B-XPT-2046/142954387320?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
(it has the 28pin header like seen on Bodmer's Github page;  Is it Waveshare type?  Don't know)

My connections are
Vcc=5V, DC=D3, RST=D4, TFT_CS=D8, T_CS=D1, SCK=D5, MISO=D6, MOSI=D7
as defined in the Setup10_RPi_Touch_ILI9486.h.

In the Arduino IDE, I have selected NodeMCU ESP8266 and Com3 for my board.  I am using the TFT_eSPI library.   Previously, I had the NodeMCU work fine with a 320x240 ILI9341 based TFT with library supplied example sketches -e.g. arcFill)

For the RPi display,
#include <User_Setups/Setup10_RPi_Touch_ILI9486.h> into the demo sketch 3D cubes -example file under 320x480 display.  No other change.

After upload is done, my TFT screen shows white from Left to approx 2/3, from there a very light gray to the far Right end.  I have tried a couple other demo sketches with the #include..  the display is the same.

I am at a loss..  Much appreciate any help I can get!

bodmer

That display design is not supported by TFT_eSPI, it has a different circuit design.

TonyParakka

Thanks Bodmer.. 

I am saddened, it looked so similar, and so promising; but on closer examination all these 3.5" displays appear slightly different! :(

I like the 3.5" size for my project; Can you possibly point me to the correct RPi 3.5" TFT?

thanks!

lesept

I like the 3.5" size for my project; Can you possibly point me to the correct RPi 3.5" TFT?
Have a look here
A force d'essayer on finit par réussir... Donc, plus ça rate, plus on a de chances que ça marche (proverbe Sharduinok).

Go Up