Go Down

Topic: Help to choose a SHIELD or Special Shields to control several motor (Read 83 times) previous topic - next topic

bvking

Hello,

For an art project, I have to control in both directions at least 5 motors of 6 volts with quadrature encoders.

I will need:

5 analog outputs to control the speed of the 5 motors.

10 "attachinterrup" inputs to retrieve the direction and speed of each motor.

10 digital outputs to control the direction of each motor with L298 (control interface and motor control).

If you have a site to buy all that, I prefer your advice too.

PS: I already have an Arduino Uno, I only have two Hello,

For an art project, I have to control in both directions at least 5 motors of 6 volts with quadrature encoders.

I will need:

5 analog outputs to control the speed of the 5 motors.

10 "attachinterrup" inputs to retrieve the direction and speed of each motor.

10 digital outputs to control the direction of each motor with L298 (control interface and motor control).

If you have a site to buy all that, I prefer your advice too.

PS: I already have an Arduino Uno, I have only two entries "attachinterrup"

Thanks for your ideas.

DrDiettrich

Don't post your needs twice!

Don't post your needs twice!

SCNR ;-)

You need one H-bridge for each motor, and several output pins per bridge. Speed is controlled by a PWM pin, not analog, plus direction and optionally enable and brake. I'd suggest modern driver modules, the L298 are very old and have a high voltage drop thus power loss.

If you know the direction of every motor, a single input pin per encoder may be sufficient, else 2 input pins for A and B channel. Each Arduino digital pin can generate a PCINT interrupt.

Go Up