Go Down

Topic: Transport acquired Data from an accelerometer at 200 HZ rate via IoT (Read 118 times) previous topic - next topic

vahidrqa

I want to store response of a building which is measured by an acceleration sensor called ADXL345. I want to use internet of things, or IoT. Data Sample rate is 200 Hz and delay for seconds is not important.However data loss in not acceptable. can any one aid me if this way is possible or not?

Thanks for ur kindness!!

pylon

Define what "internet of things" means for you. Sounds like a marketing guy told you some buzzwords and you accepted the project without knowing the meaning of the terms.

vahidrqa

Thanks dear pylon
I am a Ph.D. candidate in structural civil engineering and this is a part of my Thesis. I have to collect data from sensors that installed on a building.First i used NRF24L01 :(
but now i find out that IoT may ease my work. I would like to know if it is possible with IoT and a programming language like Node-RED

I have attached some pics of my building model and the sensors.

PaulS

but now i find out that IoT may ease my work.
Forget about anything you think you have heard about IoT. Its almost all advertising BS.

You are collecting data from the sensors at some rate now. Is that rate 200 Hz?

How much data are you collecting? Can you package that data in a GET request, without sending the GET request, and still maintain the 200 Hz rate?
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

pylon

but now i find out that IoT may ease my work. I would like to know if it is possible with IoT and a programming language like Node-RED
You still didn't answer my question. What does "internet of things (IoT)" means for you?

What kind of Arduino are you using? Why do you think that the NRF24 isn't suitable for your project?

vahidrqa

Forget about anything you think you have heard about IoT. Its almost all advertising BS.

You are collecting data from the sensors at some rate now. Is that rate 200 Hz?

How much data are you collecting? Can you package that data in a GET request, without sending the GET request, and still maintain the 200 Hz rate?
Yes I collect data at 200 Hz.  I get data from sensors for about 30 Secs. The size of data is very small and less than 600KB.

In past i sent data in real time mode. I dont have use GET request yet!!

vahidrqa

You still didn't answer my question. What does "internet of things (IoT)" means for you?

What kind of Arduino are you using? Why do you think that the NRF24 isn't suitable for your project?
I just saw some tutorials about IoT and know that it can help devices to communicate together in the internet and let data to be stored in a cloud storage. I have read a little about some visual programming language like Visuino and Node-red.

I Use Arduino Uno R3 and was not successful for using multiple sensors with same register key (4XADXL345) By Nrf24 and even i had some data loss!!

I hope IoT can solve my problem.
You know I am new in electronics and any thing i learned was due to self study!

Go Up