Go Down

Topic: Napa County (Read 192 times) previous topic - next topic

Isaac96

Anyone in Napa County?
There was a Maker Faire around here recently, but I missed it. I may be the only one who knows what a Arduino is in the county.
I use UnoJoy and Hoodloader for HID. No Leonardo!
Do not PM me for help.Only links to topics.

CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

johnlaramie

No not Napa but Sonoma county.  I've been banging my head against this "hard to find any info on the Arduino parts I just got!" thing for about 2 years now.
Hi, my name is John.  I was forced to move here to Guerneville from Silicon Valley after the bubble burst from the dot com stuff around 2001, thinking it would just be a few months before the economy came back.  It did come back and then left with all the jobs headed for China.  Now they own us because we owe them so much money.  Speak Chinese yet?
 I've worked as a tech for 20 years at companies and some minor engineering work including some programming.  I never got the concept of c++ till I learned java script and that was only after learning Flash Action Script code at college a few years ago.  I can now grasp c++ good enough to be a threat to my own projects.  But I do tend to get things to work if they aren't too hard and documentation on the parts can be found! Some no, all of these boards come with no info.  Then you need to do Google search after search.  Not all the parts I've bought have worked for me as of yet.  I've got a whole drawer full of boards that I haven't yet got to work yet and I expected all of them to be so easy! most expensive project is a quad copter $600 and counting.  everything seems to work by it's self until you put it all together!!  But I will get the Quad to work.  I have to send the mega2560 based flight controller back.  But I have found the software and the Arduino code for it.  I Just need to configure every line of code and wire to get it to arm itself.  And finish mounting the rest of the parts would be good too.

And I too can not find anyone who knows what an AVR or Arduino is!

So I've had to poke around looking for info with no help other than Google, and it is not always helpful.
I don't  believe you are the closest person to me doing Arduino stuff, but you are the closest person I've heard of!.

I don't know if you can post your personal email on this Forum or not but I'll try anyway.

john.laramie@sbcglobal.net

there's gotta be some other people out there close to us.

john.

CrossRoads

With the internet, aren't we all just a few mouse clicks away tho?
I'm outside Boston, but regularly converse and do business with folks in Australia, clear around the other side of the world:

Locations farthest away from Boston
◾Albany, Western Australia, Australia, 11,737 mi
◾Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia, 11,712 mi
◾Mandurah, Western Australia, Australia, 11,659 mi
◾Perth, Western Australia, Australia, 11,621 mi
◾Esperance, Western Australia, Australia, 11,522 mi

with only the time difference introducing some lag in communications. Example 2:30 pm for me, but 2:30 am for them.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Isaac96

I am getting pretty good at code. For example, I can write code to use RadioHead to send data to a RC car with a motor shield. But I haven't learned the whole language yet. There are still a few things beyond me. Such as I2C. And does anyone know about I2S?

CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

CrossRoads

Pretty sure that's 2 names for the same thing.,
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Isaac96

Actually, turns out I2S is "Inter-Integrated Sound".

CONNECT THE GROUNDS!

68tjs

Pretty sure that's 2 names for the same thing.,
Different thing.
I2S is for interconnecting AUDIO devices
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/I2S.

Go Up