Go Down

Topic: Multiple compilation errors that | think may be linked to the board/compiler (Read 223 times) previous topic - next topic

MasonFerrie

I'm recreating a code i found on the internet for a School Project and I keep getting certain compiler errors

The Errors:

Arduino: 1.8.6 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

C:\Users\Mason\Documents\Arduino\libraries\NewliquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal_I2C.cpp: In member function 'write4bits.constprop':

C:\Users\Mason\Documents\Arduino\libraries\NewliquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal_I2C.cpp:283:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

}

^

Please submit a full bug report,

with preprocessed source if appropriate.

See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

lto-wrapper.exe: fatal error: C:\Users\Mason\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status

compilation terminated.

c:/users/mason/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/5.4.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: error: lto-wrapper failed

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Using library Adafruit-MCP23017-Arduino-Library-master at version 1.0.3 in folder: C:\Users\Mason\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit-MCP23017-Arduino-Library-master
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: D:\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire
Using library NewliquidCrystal in folder: C:\Users\Mason\Documents\Arduino\libraries\NewliquidCrystal (legacy)
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Leonardo.

Here is the link to the Instructables page of the project if that is any help:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Cyclone-Reaction-Time-Game/

The person who posted the page is using a Arduino UNO and I'm using the Leonardo which could also be a problem

AWOL

Please submit a full bug report,

with preprocessed source if appropriate.

See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

MasonFerrie

AWOL

So, post the preprocessed source like it asks, and see if anyone here can help.

Posting an error message helps no-one.
"Pete, it's a fool (who) looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.
I speak for myself, not Arduino.

ballscrewbob

It appears to be an issue with the DESTRUCTABLE code ...

If using the examples from the libraries they compile just fine.
I used that ADAFRUIT MCP library gathered via Library Manager, but there are others so you might want to avoid those.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

sterretje

The error is specific to board manager v1.6.23. You need to downgrade that to a lower version.

Unfortunately that's not possible in IDE 1.8.6, so you also need another IDE.

Known to work
IDE 1.8.5, BM 1.6.20
IDE 1.8.7, BM 1.6.21

For the first one, you need to upgrade BM to 1.6.21 if you use 2018 model original nanos.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up