Go Down

Topic: Using LED's an Accelerometer and Voltage Regulators with the Uno (Read 2396 times) previous topic - next topic

Cadet

Hi guys,

I'm a complete beginner at both programming and circuitry so I'd really like some sound advice on my project!

I'm making an 'Artist Book' on digital designs. The book itself resembles a hard drive.

I wanted to add some interactivity by having the logo on the cover light up when the user lifts it or moves it.

So far I have an accelerometer (ADXL335), 2 Voltage regulators and an Arduino uno to complete this task.

I'd like to know:

how feasible this idea is,

whether I could complete it before the beginning of May

what kind of LED's are most powerful, cost effective and require no ventilation

how I would go about coding the arduio to carry out this function.

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Isaac

Grumpy_Mike

So far I have an accelerometer (ADXL335), 2 Voltage regulators and an Arduino uno

An odd mix of things.
I would abandon the accelerometer and use a simple tilt switch. I am not sure what you need two regulators for and the arduino looks like over kill. It is a project you could just do with a 555 timer.

what kind of LED's are most powerful

Bit of a silly question because it is like saying what sort of car is the most powerful, the answer is the powerful ones.
If you are just lighting up a logo from the back or is the logo made of LEDs? White LEDs are brightest for a given voltage and current. If the LED's current is below 20mA then there is no need for any cooling.

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

balam

moreinfo  is better
for leds  superbrite Leds are great
I gree , a tilt switch (s) may work best for you project.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy