Go Down

Topic: Arduino uno programming over OTA with ESP8266 (Read 3778 times) previous topic - next topic

Juraj

if you have no port it has nothig to do the with firmware you didn"t installed yet.

check your flashing setup of the esp8266

You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

Itsch

i use the setups from the WiFi link tutorial, I need something else ? when i connect the USB cable e get the

port from this but i have no port for OTA

Juraj

the WiFi Link README expects that you know your esp8266.

https://tttapa.github.io/ESP8266/Chap01%20-%20ESP8266.html
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

Itsch

I read this and with the sketchs i have connection to the WiFi and the port for OTA upload but when i try OTA upload to the Esp8266 it says always: "no answer"

and when i upload the ArduinoFimwareESP i dont have a Port, i dont understand where i must write the WiFi Settings in this sketch 

Juraj

I read this and with the sketchs i have connection to the WiFi and the port for OTA upload but when i try OTA upload to the Esp8266 it says always: "no answer"

and when i upload the ArduinoFimwareESP i dont have a Port, i dont understand where i must write the WiFi Settings in this sketch 
for OTA to Uno the WiFiLink firmware with OTA enabled must run in esp8266. did you configure the firmware over the Web Panel?

Itsch

How i do this ? i dont have connection in the Web panel

Juraj

Jan 12, 2019, 11:12 am Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019, 11:15 am by Juraj
How i do this ? i dont have connection in the Web panel
opening the static web page on the computer is not the web panel of the esp8266.

it is described here https://github.com/jandrassy/arduino-firmware-wifilink#web-panel

or here, but this is for Uno WiFi: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoUnoWiFi#toc11

Itsch

its the ip adress ?

Juraj

its the ip adress ?
did you connect to the WiFi network of the esp8266?

Itsch

Juraj

How i do this ?
what? connect to a WiFi network? you choose it from a list of WiFi networks in your computer.

Itsch

Yes but i get there no WiFi from the esp8266 the name must be arduino ?

I have to do anything else?

Juraj

Yes but i get there no WiFi from the esp8266 the name must be arduino ?

I have to do anything else?
and do you have the WiFi Link firmware up ad running including the SPIFFS uploaded?

Itsch

Yes, but it comes nothing when i start the serial monitor ?

Itsch

the WiFi name must be "esp8266" but i dont get this

Go Up