Go Down

Topic: Arduino uno programming over OTA with ESP8266 (Read 4200 times) previous topic - next topic

Itsch

'WL_IDLE_STATUS' was not declared in this scope

Juraj

Feb 02, 2019, 05:27 pm Last Edit: Feb 02, 2019, 05:29 pm by Juraj
'WL_IDLE_STATUS' was not declared in this scope

it is not a complete sketch. only a modified setup() for WiFiLink examples.
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

Itsch

Okaey, i integrate it in any one Wifi link example sketch? or i save it and drop in the example folder from WiFi Link and Upload the ArduinoFirmwareEsp again ?

Juraj

Okaey, i integrate it in any one Wifi link example sketch? or i save it and drop in the example folder from WiFi Link and Upload the ArduinoFirmwareEsp again ?
why would you put in in the example folder? save the modified example to your sketches folder.
why would you upload the firmware? run in Uno the sketch that uses the firmware
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

Itsch

I Conect the ESP8266 in the Flash mode to the PC and load the ArduinoFirmwareEsp sketch to the Esp8266?

then i conect the Esp8266 in run mode to the arduino uno with RX:6 TX:7, pick any WiFi Link example, integrate the Wifi.begin Sktech from you and load it to the Arduino uno ?

Juraj

I Conect the ESP8266 in the Flash mode to the PC and load the ArduinoFirmwareEsp sketch to the Esp8266?

then i conect the Esp8266 in run mode to the arduino uno with RX:6 TX:7, pick any WiFi Link example, integrate the Wifi.begin Sktech from you and load it to the Arduino uno ?
what else?

Itsch

Finally the Web Panel works   :)  i´m stupid the only problem was the configuration i pick 4M(1M SPIFFS) but my ESP have 1MB that´s why i must pick 1M(512K SPIFFS) 
thank you very mutch for help

Itsch

now work WiFi Link but what must i do for OTA Upload to my Arduino uno ?

you means i only need the dfu libary from you?

i integrate this to my libary folder, Change the GPIO5 in "esp8266-serial-arduinouno-hacked.cpp" to GPIO0,  delet the // from #define MCU_OTA ?

and i need the ArduinoOTA library too ?

Juraj

the esp8266 ArduinoOTA library in firmware is for OTA upload of new version of the firmware.

the dfu library flashes the Atmega328p from outside over Serial so no library for Uno is required.but the reset must be wired

Itsch

only the firmware ? not a sketch ? how can i uploade the sktech ota ?

Juraj

Feb 18, 2019, 09:48 pm Last Edit: Feb 18, 2019, 09:49 pm by Juraj
only the firmware ? not a sketch ? how can i uploade the sktech ota ?
the dfu library flashes the Atmega328p from outside over Serial so no library for Uno is required. but the reset must be wired

For OTA with esp8266 module/board/shield, the reset pin of the ATmega must be connected to an ESP GPIO pin. Default in dfu library is GPIO5. You can change it to GPIO0, as it is on pinout header on most ESP modules. Star Otto and Uno WiFi have special setting hardcoded.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoUnoWiFi#toc7
yes, select Uno WiFi if you used the dfu library from the zip linked in README

Itsch

thanks, the OTA upload doesen work

"Resetting the board
Failed to reset the board, upload failed"

I change the GPIO5 in esp8266-serial-arduinouno-hacked to GPIO0 an connect the reset from to UNO to the GPIO0 from the ESP8266

Juraj

Feb 19, 2019, 07:37 pm Last Edit: Feb 19, 2019, 07:40 pm by Juraj
thanks, the OTA upload doesen work

"Resetting the board
Failed to reset the board, upload failed"

I change the GPIO5 in esp8266-serial-arduinouno-hacked to GPIO0 an connect the reset from to UNO to the GPIO0 from the ESP8266
did you select Uno WiFi as board?
and did you setup the firmware for OTA to ATmega? (#define MCU_OTA in config.h)

Itsch

did you select Uno WiFi as board?
and did you setup the firmware for OTA to ATmega? (#define MCU_OTA in config.h)

yes :)

Juraj

Feb 19, 2019, 08:45 pm Last Edit: Feb 21, 2019, 07:33 pm by Juraj
yes :)
copy here the console messages. can you see if the Uno resets?

Go Up