Go Down

Topic: analog connections to arduino due (Read 626 times) previous topic - next topic

bkelly

This is getting silly.  I cannot come up with the right search terms to discover:
What do I need to get physical/electrical access to the analog sensors on the Arduino due.

By that I mean some hardware to plug in to the board so I can connect the wires from the sensors.  Part numbers, pictures, schematics.  Please post a link.

ard_newbie

Chesepeacx

Sometimes I'm confused as well in search.

polymorph

This is getting silly.  I cannot come up with the right search terms to discover:
What do I need to get physical/electrical access to the analog sensors on the Arduino due.

By that I mean some hardware to plug in to the board so I can connect the wires from the sensors.  Part numbers, pictures, schematics.  Please post a link.
What analog sensors on the Due? I don't see any information about any sensors on the board.

Arduino Due

Did you mean to ask how to connect external analog sensors to the analog inputs on the Due?

If so, the same way you would on any other Arduino. Use the analog input pins. As far as any particular analog sensor and interfacing it, it depends on the sensor. What kind of output does it have? You can only give the Arduino a voltage from ground to Vcc. In the case of the Due, 0 to 3.3V.

Then you need to set up those chosen pins as analog inputs.
Steve Greenfield AE7HD
Drawing Schematics: tinyurl.com/23mo9pf - tinyurl.com/o97ysyx - https://tinyurl.com/Technote8
Multitasking: forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=223286.0
gammon.com.au/blink - gammon.com.au/serial - gammon.com.au/interrupts

bkelly

What analog sensors on the Due? I don't see any information about any sensors on the board.

Arduino Due

Did you mean to ask how to connect external analog sensors to the analog inputs on the Due?

If so, the same way you would on any other Arduino. Use the analog input pins. As far as any particular analog sensor and interfacing it, it depends on the sensor. What kind of output does it have? You can only give the Arduino a voltage from ground to Vcc. In the case of the Due, 0 to 3.3V.

Then you need to set up those chosen pins as analog inputs.
You are correct, the analog inputs on the board.  The thread referenced in an earlier post is wonderful.

Thank you.

ChrisTenone

Oh man! I just answered your question in the thread you JUST cross-posted in this very sub-forum!! Why did you do that?  I'ma gonna go delete my answer now.
What, I need to say something else too?

bkelly

Now that I have mounted the Ethernet shield on the Arduino Due, there is a problem.
Analog inputs A6 and A7 are blocked by the shield.  And it looks like getting a connect on for A8 and A9 may be a bit difficult.  I am pretty sure I am not the first to observe this.
How do I get to those pins?

bkelly

Oh man! I just answered your question in the thread you JUST cross-posted in this very sub-forum!! Why did you do that?  I'ma gonna go delete my answer now.
And I cannot find a post I thought I made and it might be the one you mentioned.  I did do a search and could not find it.

My apologies for any cross post.  

ard_newbie

If you want to access all pins when there is a shield above the DUE, this Mega/Due shield that you can find at crossroadsfencing.com may be handy:

ChrisTenone

And I cannot find a post I thought I made and it might be the one you mentioned.  I did do a search and could not find it.

My apologies for any cross post. 
Ok, well my suggestion was to solder a couple wires onto the bottom of the board. I did this with a mini, where the i2c pins are in the middle of the board.

bkelly

If you want to access all pins when there is a shield above the DUE, this Mega/Due shield that you can find at crossroadsfencing.com may be handy:

That device looks quite cool, just what I need.  But the site:
http://crossroadsfencing.com/
Appears to be a fencing as in those long skinny swords and it closed down in August.

ChrisTenone

That device looks quite cool, just what I need.  But the site:
http://crossroadsfencing.com/
Appears to be a fencing as in those long skinny swords and it closed down in August.
On that page, see where it says "custom electronics will continue" a few lines down? That text is a link, click it, and you'll see that board.

TomGeorge

Hi,
What Ethernet shield, post link to data/specs please?

Thanks... Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

bkelly

Hi,
What Ethernet shield, post link to data/specs please?

Thanks... Tom... :)
The Ethernet shield is part no. A000024, description is Ethernet Shield 2 w/o POE

Hmmm, I think that means with out Power Over Ethernet.  Maybe using a shield with POE would eliminate the need for a power supply.  I will stay with what I have but once built I can try a new shield and see if that works.  There will be ten sensors each of which has three leads, common, power, and voltage out.  That means they each draw some amount of power.  That will be for later.

TomGeorge

Hi,
Is it this shield?

How does it block A6 and A7, the board edge is cut away so it shouldn't stop you plugging into the DUE pins?

Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up