Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread  (Read 144849 times)
France
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Please find a new release of embedXcode.
  • embedXcode  • Jul 09, 2014 release 166 • Support for Arduino IDE 1.5.7 beta
Release 166 supports the Arduino IDE 1.5.7 beta for both Java 6 and Java 7, the previous Arduino IDE 1.5.6 beta and the mainstream Arduino IDE 1.0.5.

Download

View Profile

Hello, I want to know if can I debug from XCODE using embedxcode. Please say yes because I bought personal license.
best regards

France
God Member
View Profile

As per chapter • section Debug the Project • Check the Configuration of the User Manual, the Debug page on the website and the Debugger Compatible Boards solution on the support desk,

Debugging requires boards with a built-in hardware debugger. Debugging has been tested successfully on the following boards:
• LaunchPad MSP430G2,
• LaunchPad MSP430F5529,
• LaunchPad MSP430FR5969,
• Experimenter Board MSP430FR5739,
• LaunchPad Stellaris LM4F120 now Tiva C Series TM4C123,
• Connected LaunchPad with Tiva C Series TM4C129,
• chipKIT Uno32 with the external chipKIT PGM programmer- debugger.

For more information on how to install the tools, please refer to chapter Debug the Project of the User Manual.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:10:06 am by avenue33 » Logged

View Profile

I was reading how there are several alternatives in terms of referencing the user-contributed libraries in makefile for embedXcode for arduino. namely these options are 0 blank or name_of_library
example makefile
Code:
APP_LIBS_LIST = 0
USER_LIBS_LIST = 0
no libraries are compiled therefore this option is the fastest
Code:
APP_LIBS_LIST =
USER_LIBS_LIST =
all libraries are compiled therefore this option is the slowest
Code:
APP_LIBS_LIST = [insert library name]
USER_LIBS_LIST = [insert library name]
only the referenced libraries are compiled therefore should the sketch should function on a per project basis therfore slower than 0 but faster than all
my question is how do I refernce multiple libraries in the line
USER_LIBS_LIST
for example is it a comma or tab seperated list, is it one library per line, is it a semi-colon or colon seperated list, do the entries have to be seperated by quotes (single ' or double "), or do they have to be seperated by parenthesis (), square bracketts [], or curly bracketts {}?

France
God Member
View Profile

my question is how do I refernce multiple libraries in the line
USER_LIBS_LIST
for example is it a comma or tab seperated list, is it one library per line, is it a semi-colon or colon seperated list, do the entries have to be seperated by quotes (single ' or double "), or do they have to be seperated by parenthesis (), square bracketts [], or curly bracketts {}?

Just mention the names of the libraries separated with spaces.

Code:
LOCAL_LIBS_LIST = LocalLibrary AnotherLocalLibrary

Please note this requires the libraries to be inside folders.

France
God Member
View Profile

• embedXcode  • Jul 12, 2014 release 168 • Support for Arduino Micro board
  • embedXcode+ • Jul 17, 2014 release 169 • Improved Document and Distribute targets
This new release adds support for the Arduino Micro board.

The new embedXcode+ release improves the Document and Distribute targets, based on the Doxygen standard.

Happy coding smiley

Download

France
God Member
View Profile

• embedXcode  • Jul 31, 2014 release 171 • Support for Intel Galileo and Gen2
  • embedXcode+ • Jul 31, 2014 release 171 • Support for Intel Galileo and Gen2
Remember to always power the board before connecting the USB cable!

Download

View Profile

Hi,

I have a question. I want to use a display with I2C backpack. In the Arduino IDE this code with the libraries work great:
http://www.instructables.com/id/I2C-LCD-Controller-the-easy-way/step5/The-code-Part-II/.
I also tried this in embedXcode because I like Xcode for the Autocompletion and Syntax-highlighting.(embedXcode is great project and you do a good job!)
But for the first time I don't understand what I do wrong.
I've imported the libraries but Xcode show a lot of errors.
Here the code with the errors:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvwu0mk603xo2la/Screenshot%202014-08-07%2019.52.02.png
Here the makefile:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dyh2sxzmv6r0xq/Screenshot%202014-08-07%2019.52.54.png
and here only the errors:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5o804c4cnktvci6/Screenshot%202014-08-08%2000.51.35.png

The IRRemote Library works fine I don't know what I did wrong.
Can you please help me?

Best regards

Noah

France
God Member
View Profile

I've tested the code provided at http://www.instructables.com/id/I2C-LCD-Controller-the-easy-way/step5/The-code-Part-II/ and everything compiled fine.

Thank you for the pictures. Unfortunately, they are too small to be easily readable.

To send/received files, please use the Help Desk page.

View Profile

Hi,
thanks for your answer.
Yes I wrote to you on helpdesk as well.
I updatet the ticket on helpdesk with a zip of the projectfolder.
My ticketnumber is #77.

Noah

France
God Member
View Profile

Actually, the name of the folder where the LiquidCrystal_I²C  is located is LiquidCrystal, not LiquidCrystal_I²C.

Just specify in the main makefile

Code:
USER_LIBS_LIST = LiquidCrystal

Delete the headers in the main directory as they are already available in the LiquidCrystal folder.

* Capture 2014-08-08 à 11.20.53.png (124.52 KB, 520x774 - viewed 28 times.)

View Profile

I've just discovered embedXcode (bought it a few days ago  smiley-lol) and now I'm trying to get some programs to work using the Cosa framework. Let's start with: "Great work!". I love what you have done and Xcode is such an improvement over the Arduino IDE. Using it for a few days I already got some improvement requests:

1. When starting a new project in Xcode the Drop-Down list for "Board" is missing all ATtiny variants Cosa is available for. (See question below…)

2. Running a "Clean" fails with "serial port not available" if programmer is not connected. I don't assume it also cleans the attached ICs so this should not be a requirement :-).

3. When running a "Clean" with programmer attached I get a "*** BOARD_TAG not defined". It actually is defined in the .xcconfig and normal builds work just fine. Only "Clean" fails.

4. Looks like adding "SERIAL_BAUDRATE = 57600" to the Makefile is the easiest way to change the baud rate. It may help to add this to the comments in the default Makefile.

Sorry for all these "issues". Just look at the points as possible improvements. It's also quite possible that I'm doing something wrong here…

One question: How can I build (and upload) for ATtiny devices (ATtiny85) using Cosa and an ISP programmer? What do I have to select while creating the project and what changes are needed to the Makefile to make it work? I can't figure it out myself smiley-sad

Thanks!

France
God Member
View Profile

Thank you for the accolade and the useful comments.

I'll investigate them and add some features to the next revision.

Supporting all the boards isn't easy as I don't have them all and thus can't proceed with the required tests.

Have you investigated using the My Board board configuration file as described in chapter • section Use the Project • Add a Board Configuration File in the User Manual?

For a better follow-up of your points, could you please fill a ticket at the help desk portal? Thank you smiley

View Profile

For a better follow-up of your points, could you please fill a ticket at the help desk portal? Thank you smiley

I've already tried to add a board configuration as described in the book. But this actually makes things worse smiley-sad. I think it's now looking in the wrong boards.txt (arduino core instead of Cosa) but have no idea how to fix this. I've opened a ticket a few minutes ago. Thanks for looking into it.

France
God Member
View Profile

Here are some answers:

1. Please try Cosa Digispark Tiny Core.xcconfig

2.-3. I've been unable to replicate the issue.

4. The SERIAL_BAUDRATE value is taken from the board configuration file and then overridden from the main makefile.  The SERIAL_BAUDRATE is commented by default in the main makefile. Just uncomment it to set the desired speed.

Code:
# Parameters
# ----------------------------------
# ...
# SERIAL_BAUDRATE for the serial console, 9600 by default
# Uncomment and specify another speed
#
SERIAL_BAUDRATE = 19200

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45]   Go Up
Jump to: