Go Down

Topic: Looking for nice free weather icons for e-paper (Read 255 times) previous topic - next topic

lesept

It's all in the title: I'm looking for some nice sets of grayscale weather icons to be displayed on 2 e-paper displays, one is 296 x 128 and the other 400 x 300. They can be displayed either in landscape or portrait modes.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help...
A force d'essayer on finit par réussir... Donc, plus ça rate, plus on a de chances que ça marche (proverbe Sharduinok).

ballscrewbob

Yep GOOGLE !
best selection of free icons on the planet...Just rescale to suit.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

lesept

Come on. Do you really believe I didn't do this before asking?  :o
I always end to non free (like shutterstock) websites or colorful images not suitable for an e-paper display.
A force d'essayer on finit par réussir... Donc, plus ça rate, plus on a de chances que ça marche (proverbe Sharduinok).

ballscrewbob

Dec 16, 2018, 02:00 am Last Edit: Dec 16, 2018, 02:15 am by ballscrewbob
I hope you don't want an honest answer to that question.

I use a lot of online art for my laser projects and can usually find the same or in many cases BETTER pictures that are royalty free and not watermarked or copyright in any way.

Such as shutter-stock etc quite often mark many pictures that are already public domain as theirs when in fact they are not.

Sure you might have to take a little more time to get to the good ones but in my experience it is worth the effort.
And how hard can it be to flip a picture to grey-scale...wait don't answer that as it is something I do all the time again for my laser work.

Not a weather picture but one often claimed by many sites and watermarked. I found 7 versions all not marked and most of those from reputable sites.

You can also find the same image on multiple PAY sites...They don't ALL own it.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

lesept

So please just point me to these sites as I'm visibly not able to find them by myself...

ZinggJM

Or you could search for weatherstation in the forum or globally, I think this is one of the most frequent uses of TFTs or e-paper displays.

I found some icons searching for pointers through this example: https://github.com/ThingPulse/espaper-weatherstation, but don't think they are meant to be free.
No personal message please; any question may be useful for other users. Use code tags for code. Make links clickable with URL tags. Provide links to the product in question.

lesept

Or you could search for weatherstation in the forum or globally, I think this is one of the most frequent uses of TFTs or e-paper displays.
This is exactly what i thought, so I expected someone who had already used this kind of icons to show me where to find them.
Thanks!

ZinggJM

Dec 16, 2018, 05:13 pm Last Edit: Dec 16, 2018, 05:27 pm by ZinggJM
Searching is half the fun, and being able to search is an important capability today.

Here's another link: https://github.com/Bodmer/DarkSkyWeather

But for the details you need to look yourself.

I use this one in my GxEPD_WiFi_Example for download from a http: site. The list of all bitmaps is somewhere in the sources linked by my first answer.
No personal message please; any question may be useful for other users. Use code tags for code. Make links clickable with URL tags. Provide links to the product in question.

lesept

Dec 17, 2018, 12:46 pm Last Edit: Dec 17, 2018, 12:47 pm by lesept
Thanks Jean-Marc, I chose these icons.

Go Up