Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: C source to communicate with nokia phones with FBUS?  (Read 2078 times)
Rome
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Don't know if this topic is more suitable in "hacking devices" section or in some "communication" or "GSM" section which I can't find, anyway I found this site:
http://www.mcselec.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=88&Itemid=57

At the end of the page ther's a link to a small ZIP file which contains C code to implement FBUS protocol.
I wonder if it already works on Arduino, or if it needs some tuning.
I'll give it a try.

Rome
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I examinde the source a little, and I eventually succeeded in compiling it on Arduino IDE!
But I've been told it can't actually work "as is" due to Arduino memory limits, so I need some help optimizing the code. I think I should start by fixing this declaration:
Code:
char msgqueue[4][161];

It eats up a lot of memory, but I don't think it's actually needed: looks like it is used to store up to 4 incoming messages, so I think we could accept to be able just to read one SMS each time.

I pasted my code here, so we can edit it together:
http://pastebin.com/a52XLuhD

I had to make some changes to original source; most important one is changing '\"' to '"'  ('  "  ') to prevent IDE from locking

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Sounds very interesting

On which nokia phone did you test ?

Rome
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

On an old nokia 6600.
I connected FBUS-TX, FBUS-RX and Phone-GND to Arduino-RX, Arduino-TX and Arduino-GND; looks like nothing happens, but I can see "something" printed on the serial monitor; unfortunately I can't distinguish among sent and received data, and I cannot add any debug print command, which would interfer with data sent to phone! I should implement serial comm on two additional pins for debug printing, but then I should also add a serial/USB converter to see output on PC... It's getting harder than I thought, I really need some help from somebody else... Can anybody test the source on its nokia phone?

Rome
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

No news?
I can't go further. :-(

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: