Go Down

Topic: Piezo as sensors with 8051 problem (Read 594 times) previous topic - next topic

azi

Apr 15, 2011, 10:27 pm Last Edit: Apr 15, 2011, 10:29 pm by azi Reason: 1
Hey I am creating a device that will be attached to regular Drum Kit. The setup is quite simple piezos with 1M resistors are plugged into 8051 and from arduino i read each value from the analog input. Everything is kind of straight forward cause I can read from the piezos values, but what I have noticed is that when i hit one piezo, the readings in other inputs are affected as well, and the values are high enough so I cannot from code really say which one was hitted (because I don't really care about what the values exactly are, just one hit). For me it seems that all the line of piezo's connected together affect the rest of the inputs somehow.
I guess I screwed up something with the piezo connection.

Thanks for any kind of hints!

oh and here is the schematics diagram for my connection setup
http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/2644224300_1302877364.jpg

azi

1) yeah thats true, i meant 4051!
2) Like i said i can read with no problems at all signal from piezo, and actually the signal is not that short duration, because the piezo resonates for some peroid of time...

i have this mega version of arduino, and i plugged all of them in, and had the same results like i said, i could recive the signal, but it was affecting all the rest of the analog inputs, this is why i considered using 4051 because I was expecting it to have some built in stabilization etc things inside.
Like I said I don't have a problem with reading the signal from the sensor, just one sensor seems to affect the rest of sensors (analog inputs actually)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy