Go Down

Topic: Flexiforce sensor with arduino, and only +5 volts (Read 2736 times) previous topic - next topic

I need help modifying the following schematic to accommodate essentially the arduino power and nothing else. I tried switching the flexiforce pin from the inverting pin to the non-inverting pin of the op amp then powering it with +5v, but that did not work. I don't know the first thing about designing circuitry, so any help is greatly appreciated. I have done tons of googling with no luck.

If I have to use circuit, how I can get a -5 volt supply out of the 5v supplied on the arduino?

Thanks to anyone who can help me, I have been trying to solve this on my own for a couple days.

You could just make the flexiforce sensor one of the 2 resistors in a standard voltage divider:

You will get a less linear characteristic between voltage and applied pressure, but no op-amps required!

The Gadget Shield: accelerometer, RGB LED, IR transmit/receive, speaker, microphone, light sensor, potentiometer, pushbuttons

That is actually how I had it set up initially for testing when I was using a less sensitive force sensor. I am now using the 100 pound sensor I plan to use with my project. This one is just so insensitive though, I figured I would set it up the way the schematic told me to. I am using a 10k trimpot shown below for my project. Maybe I need a larger trimpot (100k) to get the results I need? I could probably whack it with a hammer and have it barely light up the reference LED. I need it more sensitive than that lol.

see this also, i can work for you

Thank you very much for that! Is that IC this op amp?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131